(arm) Bobbing?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Nov 19, 2016.

?

View bobbing needs to be turned...

Poll closed Dec 19, 2016.
ON, bobbing FTW! 24 vote(s) 55.8%
OFF, I'm getting seasick! 13 vote(s) 30.2%
What the heck is bobbing? 5 vote(s) 11.6%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 1 vote(s) 2.3%
  1. Hi gang!

This is the question which will help us define the very essence of the game and explain all the great mysteries in Minecraft and it's players. Well.. either that or it's just a fun poll :D

Do you use view bobbing (so: making your arm bounce up and down when you're walking around)?

After seeing this used in many videos I tried it today, and after 3 hours... Well, see poll :)
  2. I have never liked view bobbing. I feel it's a bit odd and have always had it off.
  3. On, for sure! I think it feels very weird playing or even watching with view bobbing off.
    Sethbling has it off, and whenevef I see him walking, I feel like he's flying at ground level, even if he's in survival mode.
  4. I always have bobbing off because I think its really weird and it just doesn't seem right. Plus it annoys me for some reason xD
  5. I have it on because to me it feels more realistic.
  6. I turn it off, it's very annoying in PvP and that's what I spend 90% of my time doing.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. I was going to say things, but then Runder said them for me.
    nuclearbobomb and ShelLuser like this.
  8. You aren't walking if you aren't bobbing.
  9. To be completely honest.....I can't tell a difference between when it's on or off. But I'm going to leave it on cause why not.
  10. Huh? It's quite a big difference, actually... :p
  11. Hmm...I actually play with it turned on and I just tried playing with t turned off. I sincerely couldn't see any difference.
  12. I play with bobbing on because it makes the game feel more realistic. Playing with bobbing off is like walking in real life without moving your arms...
  13. LOL....Was trying it again....This time I saw it but only when i was focused on the ground. Apparently not bobbing is very annoying to me.
    607 likes this.
  14. I do this all the time.
  15. Hm, I don't even notice the arms as much. It's more the viewing window.
    I just tried to mimic view bobbing off in real life and it didn't work very well... :p
    UltiPig likes this.
  16. I turned it on once or twice, and turned it off after 5 seconds again. I think that explains everything. :p

EDIT: in real life I also walk with my head and arms pretty stationary.
  17. That's too short, though... :p
    But I suppose I haven't ever played with view bobbing off for much more than 5 seconds, so... :rolleyes:
    UltiPig likes this.
  18. Ha ha ha, and once again we're pretty much tied it seems. Interesting because I was expecting that one option would gain an obvious majority because it felt like one of those things you really either like or heavily dislike.

Hmm, maybe I should give it another try sometimes ;)

... or not :)
    607 likes this.
  19. never noticed it but it helps with some mods