ARK - Survival - EMC Players

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aikar, Jul 7, 2015.

1. I have a present for you at the kibble farm.
    haastregt likes this.
  2. No problem, but I'm not the one to thank. It was mostly ChickenButler and ChickenDice that did all the gathering for these gifts. If you would thank anyone, thank them. :)
    haastregt likes this.
  3. Can someone gift me ark on steam :D

4. I think I will start this download overnight. Still really want to get on, I got a steam controller, might try it out with this game also. Thoughts on using a steam controller with it?
    ChickenDice likes this.
  5. I really want to play this with a group
    ChickenDice likes this.
  6. A controller could work good, but a mouse + keyboard would work better I think. I haven't really looked into controller-controlls yet, but on mouse+keyboard you have alot of wistle shortcuts (which I cant miss), that I dont think fit on a controller.
    Btw, 40Gigs? When I got it it was about 8Gig if I remember correctly, 40 is a huge amounth :confused:
    Patr1cV likes this.
  7. Well your in luck there a system called tribes on the EMC server and we are all in one tribe helping each other have fun
  8. lol, its 8 gigs, the thing was just bugged.
    haastregt likes this.
  9. Yes the game itself is 8 gigabytes, when you join a server or world you must download all the textures adding the 32 gigabytes to your collection. I recommend if you don't use single player, delete the pre-made world in your configuration files. It dropped a few gigabytes but it's better than 40 gigabytes.
  10. I will be doing a giganatosuarus taming at 7 am EMC on December 29th (tomorrow).
    If you decide to join us please let me know and remember to bring gear and plenty of narcotics and
    Traq arrows.
  11. Looking for someone to help with the tame. Just log in ill be waiting.
  12. Welp.
    I was able to log in again (wasnt able to play ark for 5 days), but it seems all stats on my dinos got back to the tamed stats :(
    I mean like:
    My bird: 8.5K health -> 2.5K healt & 1000% dmg -> 350% dmg
    My spino: 20K health -> 7K health & 1200% dmg -> 400% dmg
    Mammoth, Doedicerus, pteras... It seems odd though, because weight stam and speed for some reason seem to be the same still.
    The bad thing is that the xp is still at the same amounth (for example, I lvled my spino up 42 times, it still has the xp but the levelups dissapeared, so now I can only barely get him leveled up again but still have to start over)
    I have to go to bed and didnt realy have time to investigate, but if it is a glitch or something I didnt do any levelups so I dont make it worse if that would mess it up more.

Does anyone else have this problem? (it happened at my brothers dinos too but we are in the same area and he wasnt on for a while either)
    Did I miss something on server changes perhaps (and oh: when I joined it said -70/0 players)?
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  13. This is part of the new update. Lots of players complaining about it so it will likely be reverted.
    607 likes this.
  14. ninja'd:

This was due to the new update. They basically made it where tamed Dinos lost most of what they gained. Everyone on the ARK fourm seems to be quite upset.

We need to get Aikar to change it so it goes back to the way it used to but it seems no one is able to get it setup that way. I have a feeling many people with quit playing ARK because of this. I am thinking about it because before I spent a huge amount of time just maintaining our base and existing dinos and now it will require even more time. :(
  15. Ark is hating me right now and I'm am unable to feed my Dino's at the kibble farm and my island if someone could feed them I would appreciate it.
  16. I really dont see why they nerfed it so hard. Not even a little bit. Its like 500%
    Well lets just hope it gets reverted again... Meanwhile I have more time to play on EMC :p
    Patr1cV likes this.
  17. A wild ARK update appears...
    They increased health and dmg on dinos with 25% again.
    Also they say that the levelups did nothing by accident, instead of 'less then before'. So stats should be increased by that again too (If you did alot of levelups into your dino) (Have to see that still)
    Also, they make resource gathering dinos get 3x the amounth of resources, as return for the lower dmg%. That was my main concern.

Getting better again, still not enough to kill that lvl 40+ alpha rex that spawns next top your door though.
    Patr1cV and ChickenDice like this.
  18. cadgamer101 and haastregt like this.
  19. Anyone still play on here? I'm about to buy the game just wanna have a group to play with.
  20. Yeah a few of us.