APRIL FOOLS! EMC and 1.9 combat, what will happen!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by BigDavie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Well. I think BigDavie got a bit wrong. The PvP was not meant for in the /waste as many town only players use that for resources and we don't want those players to be killed without understanding that PvP is now allowed in the /frontier. I am not Admin or SrStaff so this may have changed from our meeting a few months ago.

With all that it is 100% possible to not participate in the PvP with the feather option and based on this thread I will look into a /ps setting as well.

It should also be noted that this is not a major change. We are just taking what we are getting from the 1.9 update and trying to appeal to as many players as possible.

I am going to back to traveling the world now.
  2. While much of these changes I'm seeing seems fine, the auto-adjustment to personal difficulty is very controversial, to me at least.:rolleyes:

I want to be able to fight mobs and not players.
    I don't want to deal with an all-or-nothing, black-and-white, Reshiram and Zekrom situation.

I do get that people may forget that they're still endangered by mobs, when safe from player combat. But, to compensate for people like myself, who prefer only the traditional PvE style of play and not PvP:

Can we adjust our personal difficulty again, after equipping the White Feather?

Or... is this entire announcement a joke, because today is April Fools Day?
  3. April Fools! :)

Although it would be nice if we could add soulbound to random items with an enchanted book.

This update would go against everything the server stands for, including the no PvP. Limiting player's second-hand option just because they don't want to PvP would make it more advantageous to those who participate. Also, making more items only available (in the sense of creating more) would be closer to a 'Pay to Win' mentality. Keep in mind I'm not one of those who screams "TOO OP" or "PAY2WIN" at every suggestion in the Suggestion Box.
    BigDavie likes this.
  4. get ready for your comment to be deleted :p
    Kyzoy and TechNinja_42 like this.
  5. Why? This a great idea!

Personally, I love the idea of having lava poured over my head while going about my business in the wild. It will definitely add some interesting challenges to the game, and should be a lot of fun!
  6. I never heard about the Tax joke. Was that from last year or some other year on April Fools?
    BigDavie likes this.
  7. Last year they 'leaked' a private convo about adding a tax to all player shop purchases. It quickly got out of hand and did not go well :p
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  8. Wait what? This makes no sense
    If every item with Soulbound turns into Soulbound+, the new book is pointless... :/
    Pvp in the waste and wild? Not good. I have to carry a horse to run away from players now. :( This isn't what Emc is for.
    Vardalaka and gladranger7 like this.
  9. To be honest there's not really much I like about this new update it just seems aweful the fact that emc is supposed to be a non-pvp server except for in the pvp arena and the fact that the books cost 10$ no many people will agree with that because a majority of people who play this server are a younger audience and younger people don't have credit cards nor can they get jobs and they can't just pull money ut of thin air. so folks I hope you saved your promos because you're going to need to start using them. and another thing wouldn't it be easier if emc stayed sorta the way it is instead of choosing to add something like this TAKE A POLL. I hope this is an April Fools day Prank and if so It's in very bad taste. well my opinion is said No backlash wanted. But really this is an aweful Joke ALSO if you're going to make a joke thread at least get colors right a white feather should be a feather and bone meal.
    ChamelonNYC and Vardalaka like this.
  10. Ok.
    Then I imagine that this proposal with the combat changes won't stay either.
  11. Fun for you but not fun for us who hardly ever fight other players.

I've had many bad experiences on another server that had PVP enabled, the players were reckless, merciless, and ruthless. I couldn't even strike one of them down, even though I have mastered the mobs. Have you ever thought of people that just want to use the wastelands as a resource gathering world and not a battlefield?
  12. This is some kind of april fools joke isnt it....
    BigDavie likes this.
  13. I almost thought this was real but great way to start off April unless this isn't an April fools joke...
    BigDavie likes this.
  14. You know, I am perfectly fine with updated PVP. I don't pvp that often but I feel like this would add realistic variety. But on the other hand, I DO NOT LIKE that pvp will be allowed in the wastelands and frontier. I specifically chose this server to play on because of the non-pvp aspect.

And I'm not quite sure how I like BigDavie's attitude about mob and player fighting. Mob fighting is easier. They have AI. They don't think for themselves, the game calculates what they do. A player can do whatever they like because they can think for themselves. I like mob fighting. I don't like fighting a jerk player who just wants the stuff I may have on me. I spent time in factions and other PVP servers, and I do NOT want EMC going down that drain.

Furthermore, I don't like that I have to have a stupid feather in my offhand slot just so some idiot can't run up behind me and Fire Aspect me to death with his sword, or somebody two chunks away can't shoot me with their arrow somewhere I can't even see them. I love the vanilla aspect of Minecraft, I was a singleplayer only player for a long time. EMC gave me that feel while also introducing players I could choose to play with without worrying they'd stab me in the back for no reason other than maybe I uncovered diamonds.

Now this update is going to go into effect and I'm not even going to want to go to the wastelands anymore because some ass could sneak up on me and kill me for no reason, just because I want to dual wield a torch and a pickaxe for some mining, or I don't want to be on the pitiful player difficulty of one.

I love EMC but I do not agree with these changes whatsoever. I can just see the jerk PVP players now, and the needless inflation because players don't want to go gathering materials for fear of getting killed. But, ok. BigDavie has basically said TOUGH.
  15. Lol April fools guys
    BigDavie likes this.
  16. so by enableing pvp in waste that means people will camp others yet scare away other players so noone would play emc do to not being able to mine or fight mobs without someone comeing up and killing them people would easyly quite emc if that part happen other stuff is fine i suppose but pvp in waste just no thats gonna ruin it for other players not even i can mine in waste if this happens i wont be able to replace my gear and weapons each and every single time and then if im carrying diamonds o look a group of players camp me untill i come up then boom dead lose everything
    Vardalaka and DragonRock13 like this.
  17. then events o look player kill nomore event mineing mania for example just end up killing each other theres no point in there even being events anymore
    Vardalaka likes this.
  18. We can setup special no-PvP zones for events.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  19. Can we have that in grammatical English please
  20. haha real funny joke -_- (We get it it's april fools haha not funny )
    BigDavie likes this.