Another Chance on the Empire

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it feels good to be back :)

for any new old players coming back, the tutorial is /tutorial now. when you first login you'll spawn in the old tutorial.
  2. dayum
  3. Bring back Wolves
  4. If he, wolves, wants to come back, he can message them himself. Get in touch with him if you want to convince him to appeal.
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  5. ahhh feels good to be supporter again too. i feel like my old self again *stretches arms out*

think i'm going to have to build Bag End again :)
    jacob5089 and roblikescake like this.
  6. *sniff* This is so
    what.

Don't permabans have the prefix perma for a reason? Because they're permanent? And now they can be lifted just like that? I don't understand why we have permabans in the first place now. :\
  7. it's all about forgiveness, growth, and progress. this is a good thing for the Empire!
  8. Notice for everyone:

Now that some old players that might have had bad reputations are coming back, PLEASE for the love of god don't bash on them. Let them be. Don't flush their profiles with rudeness just because you didn't like them 8+ months ago. They have changed. There is no reason to be rude making comments like "ten months have passed, still nobody likes you."
  9. In the process of unbanning many of these players, can their profiles be set to public too? :p I suspect that most of them don't even realize they are set at private (or whatever the option is).
    mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  10. I agree :)
  11. Permaban is the state where you might not ever be able to return. If we only temp banned, everyone can return regardless if they improve or not.

But for perma, we get to read them again and see if they have changed any.

As for this program, this program is designed to give people a new chance especially for ones who feel they might of been deservingly banned but had no chance in the past due to the people who banned them.

Rob is a perfect example of this. Rob was actually innocent... He DID NOT send people viruses. Even before recent events, I actually instructed staff to no longer spread that "rumour". The "rob was sending people viruses" was a misunderstanding/something blown way out of context, and I was very upset that previous staff members even spread it as much as they did, knowing they were blowing it up just to make rob look bad.

Rob is just an example here, So please give everyone a fair chance to prove themselves now.

People who are extremely risky will likely not pass the staff vote - this isn't a simply unban everyone event :)
  12. I wonder when they started doing that... fairly sure my profile hasn't been private this whole time.
    jacob5089, 607, sgx2000 and 1 other person like this.
  13. While I knew about that, I thought that that issue came after he was server-banned for inciting community drama with PT and happy?

And I don't mean to throw rob around or anything lol. The staff made a decision with proof/evidence/reasons that I can't see, so I will not speculate on the matter of him being unbanned.
  14. Let's pretend there is a language somewhere where ban actually means timeout and perma means long.
    Gawadrolt and crystaldragon13 like this.
  15. So permabans are basically what Pab10S said; long timeouts?

Which basically means permabans are just normal bans? :/

What do you mean by this? You're basically saying some moderators in the past unfairly banned players?

I don't really want to make much of a comment on this; but I have a feeling that there might be some favoritsm involved.
    ScarTheNinja likes this.
  16. Favouritism might be involved for all staff decisions, but it's their job to ensure it's not :)
    ScarTheNinja and IceCreamHorse like this.
  17. Replies in white.
  18. No, Perma bans are perma if they never appeal. This isn't murder we're talking about here. We're not giving out life sentences, and most banned are minors who are still growing up themselves.

Long timeouts means youll always be let back in, but with perma ban, that is not the case.

Yes perma bans are "bans". Perma represents the systems determination on how long a ban will last, but humans can over rule.

That's too broad of a statement. But no the point was that the PLAYER might consider their ban unjust, but that the staff member could of become too emotionally attached to it to give a fair judgement on an appeal.

That is why for these old bans, we are holding it for an entire staff vote - so its not a single staff members call... that helps rule out the emotional ties to the appeal, making it more fair for the appeal.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if a majority of staff feels a player has not learned, then theres no reason to unban.

I'm unsure of the idea of "favortism" here, I would say it would be more likely to link to my previous post - emotional attachment to a case where a staff strongly does not want to see a player return.

and if a player has put multiple staff in that view point, then I would say there is no bias/favortism/attachment, and the player truely does not deserve to be unbanned.
  19. I recall seeing his /p say that he was never to be unbanned, after being given loads of chances.
    Gawadrolt, Mirr0rr and SoulPunisher like this.
  20. Yes but that was because of who banned him. Hint: It wasn't any of the current staff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.