Amazing quotes!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TheJuniorMint, Dec 7, 2018.

1. So basically what you do is post a quote and that’s it.

I’ll start us off with something I heard Bob Ross say in one of his videos,

“We don’t make mistakes here. We just make happy little accidents.” - Bob Ross
    SkeleTin007, MoreMoople and CarFryer like this.
  2. “There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.” - Bob Ross

If you can’t tell, I’m really into Bob Ross
  3. “I guess I’m a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people.” - Bob Ross
  4. “I can't think of anything more rewarding than being able to express yourself to others through painting. Exercising the imagination, experimenting with talents, being creative; these things, to me, are truly the windows to your soul.” - Bob Ross
  5. “I like to beat the brush.” - Bob Ross
  6. "One might think this means that imaginary numbers are just a mathematical game having nothing to do with the real world. From the viewpoint of positivist philosophy, however, one cannot determine what is real. All one can do is find which mathematical models describe the universe we live in. It turns out that a mathematical model involving imaginary time predicts not only effects we have already observed but also effects we have not been able to measure yet nevertheless believe in for other reasons. So what is real and what is imaginary? Is the distinction just in our minds?" ~Stephen Hawkin.
    TheJuniorMint likes this.
  7. "If this course is a sandwich - bear with me - if this course is a sandwich, the self-study is the meat of the course, and the lecture is the bread that holds it together. The werkcolleges (tutorial classes) are the vegetables: you don't really want them, but you need them.
    Maybe I'm just hungry.
    That's the point: you should be hungry for math."
    Ben Rin, our Maths professor.
  8. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    -Dr. Suess
    607 likes this.
  9. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.”
    -Mark Caine
  10. Here's one from another professor of ours (Johannes Korbmacher):
    "I've received a complaint that my memes are too old."

Lukas3226 and TheJuniorMint like this.
  11. My favorite is this:

"Hastes Makes Waste"

I follow that as much as I can in my life. :)
    TheJuniorMint and 607 like this.
  12. I just love Leandra's Law:

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."
  13. Here is a pic on what Albert Einstein says:

TheJuniorMint, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  14. Our teacher in elementary school used to say that very often: Haastige spoed is zelden goed (hasty rush is seldom good) Both sound nice, although I personally prefer the Dutch one, but maybe that's because of the memory attached to it. ;)
    TheJuniorMint and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  15. “Just beat the devil out of it.” - Bob Ross
  16. My grandpa said to me once before he passed is to never give up on yourself for you can go far.
    607 and TheJuniorMint like this.
  17. “Finally, I found what seemed at the time to be a lid of some sort. Presuming it was a toilet seat (but not really caring one way or the other) I lifted it up, then dropped my shorts and began to piss. Ahhh...success. Then I stumbled back to bed and passed out. It wasn't until the next morning that I realized what had actually happened. I woke to the sight of Junior standing over my bed with a look of disgust on his face. "Hey, man. Did you pee in my suitcase?”
    -Dave Mustaine
    TheJuniorMint likes this.
  18. Before you ask which way to go, remember where you’ve been.