5 Years of Empire Minecraft

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 607, Jan 5, 2018.

?

How old were you when you joined EMC?

9-12 16 vote(s) 41.0%
13-16 12 vote(s) 30.8%
17-20 3 vote(s) 7.7%
21-30 1 vote(s) 2.6%
31-45 2 vote(s) 5.1%
45+ 5 vote(s) 12.8%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

So, I'm not really in a mood for writing right now... but before I will be in a mood for writing, I probably won't have time anymore. Moreover, today is my 5th EMC Anniversary. :)
    5 years ago, I misclicked, and accidentally arrived at EMC, while I really wasn't looking for Minecraft servers. The EMC Firework caught my attention though, and man, am I glad it did. :cool: I might not have been here otherwise! :o
    And I have benefited a whole lot from this community.

I'd like to make some enumerations of things I've gained here. I'll also do a giveaway, of a book I'll write for the occasion. I myself don't even know what will be in it yet. ;) Everyone who wants to gets a chance to win the book can say so, and I will select 3 winners randomly. :) I don't really feel like doing a 'proper' giveaway, at the moment. I'll probably have a giveaway and AMA for my 19th birthday anniversary. :)

Remarkable things I've learnt here
    • English. I knew some English when I got here, but wow, it really wasn't that good... my spelling was, but grammar and vocabulary? Not so much. Of course I've had English at school since, but I think I learnt most of my conversing ability here. :) Also because I skipped most of my English classes, and hardly ever did homework. ;)
    • Talking to people. For me, it is so much easier to talk by typing, instead of being together and using your voice. But talking with people here, probably also made it easier for me to talk with people in real life. :)
    • People are different. I've been surprised several times by what kinds of people are around here. Such diversity. For example, at my school, everyone I saw was vocally against Donald Trump. Here, there are fans of his. :)
    • You can't persuade someone to accept your opinion by force. This was a tough one to learn. Yet I learnt it early on, by reading old drama threads. jtc0999 and 72Volt fighting, for example. They both changed as time went on, but I was able to learn from their old mistakes.
    Remarkable experiences I've had here
    • FireFloor. I attended this event about three times, and it was a really fun experience. Thanks for this unique game!
    • Secret Santa in... 2013. I've described this event several times before in other threads, but I had a whole lot of fun.
    • Some event by Kephras. I don't really recall anything about it, except that I had fun. xD
    • EMC's 5th Birthday event. With the candles on cakes, and the firefloor with weird blocks like slime blocks, fences and barrier blocks.
    • My Family Feud thread.
    • Counting with Pictures.
    • Piwi Day.
    Remarkable people I've met here
    • Lasluin. My first friend. She left way too soon for my liking, but she made the first months a lot more fun.
    • Alice. One of my closest friends. We started getting friends for real after Valentine's Day 2014. Later, we moved to Hangouts. We don't talk a lot anymore, but we did have some fun together when the games server first came out.
    • Evesthery. She was the first person I talked English with online. She wanted to record YouTube videos with me, which never worked out. But we did have a practice session, which was surprisingly pleasant, and took away some of my fear of talking by voice over the internet. :)
    • FDNY. A Highest Posting Members List buddy. ;) I've always enjoyed his Photography thread, he inspired me to take good pictures of our Volvo before we had to sell it, and he plays a lot of forum games.
    • Hashhog. He posts in Verdana! :D Creator of the Inkstain, one of my greatest objects of procrastination. >.< :rolleyes: I like his bookworm thread, and he hosted a round of Family Feud, back when that was still a thing.
    • haastregt. The other who posts in Verdana! One of my Dutch friends. He seemed to always enjoy participating in my forum projects. We've had some private conversations from time to time.
    • Jelle68. Let's continue with the other Dutchies. ;) Jelle, wat een kerel. Terrible at English, but ever improving... an amazing builder. He knows the ancient languages, and is able to express his nuanced opinions amazingly, now that his English skills finally allow it.
    • TomvanWijnen. Friend of Jelle, and friend of mine also. Tom is also a great poster, but contrary to me, he also plays in-game a lot. :p
    • ShelLuser. A late-joiner. ;) He knows his way with words. I think Shel is a great addition to the community. I disagree with him from time to time, but I think he can take some criticism. I hope he won't leave any time soon!
    • derp_duckie. A really new member relatively, but oh, she's so sweet. <3 Such a joyful and caring personality. :) She really helps keeping the forum fun! :)
    • Kytula. For some time, in-between me getting to know her better and her drastically decreasing her play-time, I tended to boot up Minecraft just in hopes of getting to talk to her. She was often online, and when I had something I wanted to talk about, either fun or tough, she was usually available. :) As long as her kid didn't call her away from the pc. ;)
    • Dufne. I had a lot of fun with this girl! She hasn't been active lately, and I couldn't get another way to contact her besides this forum, so I don't talk to her much anymore. But I've still got her you are my wife now fish at display. :D
    • Kephras. I guess most people are really glad he's here. And I'm really glad he still visits, even though he 'left'. We haven't talked too much, but Kephras has been important to me more than a few times.
    • Skydragonv8, or whatever other name to call him. A fellow forum game creator, and a fun dude. It's a shame he's left to never come back.
    • Jamie, or SoulPunisher. Another one who's left never to come back. I never expected to like Soul, but at one point we started talking in private, and we became friends. He shared a lot with me about his muse, and I shared a lot with him about mine. At some point we stopped doing that much, but I am still very happy with what I was able to share, and in his leaving thread, Jamie confirmed that it helped him too.
    • Palmsugar. For the past six years, roughly, I've always had a best friend. During my high school period, I've had 5 such 'best friends' (in Dutch: 'hartsvriendinnen'). Four of them were classmates. The other was Palm. Even though I've only met Palmsugar in real life once (which was one of the most amazing days of my life) she has been one of my very best friends. Especially in the period following my father's death, I got a lot of support from her. She's amazing. <3
    Well... that was that. Of course I've left out experiences and people. But these were, as far as I can remember right now, the most important things for me, during my EMC experience.
    Thank you, EMC. :)
  2. Congrats! A very nice piece ya wrote!
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  3. Would you like to be included in the raffle for the book I have yet to write? :)
    Equinox_Boss and q1zx like this.
  4. Sure! Thanks!
  5. I post in Verdana sometimes, but not in every post. :)
  6. *Insert Australian accent* Gratz on five years mate :p

Anyway, thank you very much for the read as always. It defenetly is a better thread as my five years thread *ough*
    I don't thhink I have got much more to say.
    Bye.
  7. Congrats 607!! 5 years is quite an achievement, and I hope to see you around here for the next 5 too! =D
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and Eviltoade like this.
  8. I enjoyed reading some of your journey :) Grats on 5 years, and here's to another 5!
  9. :)

(keeping it short because I need to sleep and am on my phone)

Congratulations on 5 years on the amazing Empire Minecraft! :D It keeps surprising me that you're from 2013, and not 2011 or 2012... :p guess that's how much I feel you're a part of EMC. ;)

Those green points... the first two seem like I could just as well have written them, that's how much I relate to them. ;)

Thank you for mentioning me, that's greatly appreciated! :)

And don't worry about the length, this was already something great to read. :) but you offered more readfood (Dutch :rolleyes:)? Sign me up for that! :)

Again, congratulations on 5 years on this amazing server. Onto the next 5 years!

I guess I better not mention me in the discussion about year achievement threads... :rolleyes: :p

(EDIT: whoops that wasn't really short, lol. Sorry thumb, thank you for your hard work typing, you can sleep now. :p (my left thumb typed this entire message! (apart from Jelle's quote, of course :p)
  10. Congrats on 5 years!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Happy Anniversary :)
    Five years is no small amount of time (even though it feels like it moves faster than it should, these days). I'm proud to be on that 'remarkable' list, but truth be told, I like to think everyone on EMC is remarkable in some way - if only by being part of such a great community. Probably why I can never seem to 'leave' for very long...
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and Jelle68 like this.
  12. Congrats on 5 years! :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. The green points? I don't recall you being at Secret Santa then...
    Equinox_Boss and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. congrats on five years! it's great to know others experiences and how others have made memories, just as i have :)

this makes me feel extremely young (emc-wise), however, because you're referring to shell as a bit of a late joiner- and, well, i'm a day older than him :)

once again, congrats on five years!
  15. Crap, wanted to say green, then checked to see it was purple instead, but still said green.... :p reread with "purple". :p
  16. Grats on 5 years!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Congrats on 5 years! Hopefully you're here to enjoy at least 5 more!
  18. I totally forgot about this. Whoops.
    I don't really feel like ending this yet.
    I'll keep it open a little longer. :)
    To anyone who has posted thus far: do you want to be entered into the giveaway for the book? Nobody said they would, but also nobody said they wouldn't... and I'll include you by default, as if you don't want it, you could simply give it to someone else or sell it.
    Equinox_Boss and luckycordel like this.
  19. I said I would! ;)
  20. I'll be in the giveaway.