2012 for EMC.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, Dec 16, 2012.

1. You forgot about Alpha Squad being formed and after many successful months combine with the Delta Team which is later disbanded...
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. Few additions (not necessarily in chronological order):

- Aikar announces shop system update and meets strong rejection. The idea is dropped.

- Aikar announces shop update v2 and "thinks loud" about taxes, fees, money sinks and also about "undercutting prevention" - and gets mixed responses

- /me criticizes the economy setup, especially free rupees (wondering how only very few people care or/and understand). ICC concludes the economy discussion with "some think it's good, and others think it's not"

- /me looks through old posts and finds that the EMC economy system was already criticized several times in the past

- I rent my first XP grinder to a seemingly trustworthy guy. Soon there is a bunch of rascals there and my spawner and the grinder gets blown up with TNT. After that, a hunting party is hunting me through the wilderness (using the live map) and tries to kill me several times. Four members get permanent ban (that was lifted some months later, i.e. recently).

- "Dragon Tombs" add-on is announced, but it is soon clear that there is no ETA, that it will be a long way

- update to 1.3 brings great technical difficulties and changes to parts of the economy (villager trading), many members are very irritated, some suspend playing until the problems get solved

- There is a survey about treatment of rule breakers and punishments. ICC introduces the results with a stereotype picture of a nun ready to discipline some pupils. /me protests against the nun-stereotype-like ideas of discipline and against too harsh punishments.

- A bunch of members, many of them well known, get permanently banned because of using not permitted client mods. Some write lengthy apology letters to the community.

- There is a new rule: accounts which successfully appeal a permanent ban lose all their residences and possessions on EMC. EMC economy is relieved of millions of rupees but also some significant real estate.

- EMC goes through a depression, some members are stuck in a denial phase, some react nervously while others enjoy more quiet and lag-free time

- update to 1.4 goes less bumpy than the former one, but some issues still remain unresolved

- Aikar openly announces his ideas about the ("low and decreasing") importance of the EMC economy and about "a future EMC community, not rooted in economy (any more)" but is secretive about any details, except that "there will be singing and dancing." ICC states that the economy will not lose its importance.

- People keep asking where JustinGuy might be

- Aikar tweaks EntCount and unintentionally provides for completely new Minecraft experiences :)

:)
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. Joins March 26th
    Makes ugly as fudgecakes apple tree house.
    Makes sister brit join later that day.
    Burns half of house down with fireplace.
    Spends days decorating res.
    Die from lightning WHILE UNDERGROUND.

April 1st.
    Mentions post about "Jeb being butthurt about safety in towns on Twitter."
    Aikar changes into a dragon and wipes my res with brit.
    He then rips my grass up making res look horrible and then as a chicken helps fix it.

Through this time I made friends with iSMOOCH, Hayley, Gremlindan and Khalietal.
    Met a troll by the name of Oreoninja25. He harassed me on EMC until iSMOOCH perm banned him and then proceeded to stalk me online.
    Then everyone left and I was tired of town chat so I moved to LLO.
    Fell out of my tree.
    Died.
    Met Curundu, Shavingfoam, Zulu, Dwight, Runewulf, countless others.
    Become friends with Yankees, and countless others :p.

Oreo comes back on another account and lies, stalks and harasses again.
    Quit EMC for a few months due to this as well as griefed repeatedly and glitches galore everyone gives up.
    Come back and move back to town.
    Join iSMOOCH and others at Pazzo. happypanda.gif
    Get halfway, die, ragequit.jpg Try again and make it, then recruit Dwight and Brit.
    Rebuild my house on SMP7 and gain a shadow named Sonicol1.
    Become best friends and do everything together.
  4. Were'nt the JLopez griefings this year?

Also JackBiggin joins EMC.
    mba2012 and bonzd67 like this.
  5. Awww, but my 420 plus days :(, ehhhh still fourth!
  6. I just threw up a little bit. :D
  7. you jelly? =P
  8. And Delta Team wasnt hated, it was Copherfield, please adjust that. As when i was leading MT, we had a little come back!
    dylan_frenette likes this.
  9. And how about reaching our member milestone?
  10. JackBiggin added 50 more accounts to his ever growing list...

I made Paradise and Avalon. Paradise has 40+ people and Avalon has 20 people.
  11. East of spawn on smp4 is set on fire resulting in one of my favourite threads ever March 24
    Leowaste "blows up" his dragon egg. June 3
    And then auctions it off, resulting in the largest ever shop transaction. July 21

As I think of more, I'll add.
    mba2012 and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  12. I held half of SMP1 hostage in a glass cage containing lava, TNT, sand, gravel and other stuff to try to get Justin online. It worked. - 21st September

I never will forget that day...
  13. An enemy spy infiltrates EMC and impersonates Justin... :rolleyes:
    mba2012 and JackBiggin like this.
  14. We should do it again. Get him online again.
  15. OMG, I'm in the 2012 EMC Records...........PARTY!
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  16. Should be 500 days in January of February..... This means I will set a record every year....
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. Use the EDIT button and please stop double posting in threads.

I got into an arguement with a smart-alek kid yesterday who wanted to say that JustinGuy quit EMC and that IcC Owns the Empire now. Apparently "Justin is busy with work and being a dad and husband" is not an acceptable answer.

Maybe he needs to come back to show everyone he's not left.
    mba2012 likes this.

18. To Panda: Not mentioned D:
    To sneeker, and others: I honestly don't think judging people on age is right. Darkmajor is still around, who is JUST as old as Hash. Just because Hash uses the forum does not make him the oldest, most active. There are many EMC players in game who are just as old. Green_Mystery, TehSpiders, LilSpiders, Belchmaster, and more. /endrant
  19. Well, technically, I am older. I just the day we signed up for the site then it changed to when you first log in.
  20. Fix'd

You know there's this nice little thing called a REPLY button?
    SoulPunisher likes this.