12/4/13 Empire Status Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2013.

1. we gotta be close now! :D
    marine4121 likes this.
  2. Oh Yus, we're there :D
  3. you can open your options and change the height of the chat.
  4. You mean the Focused and Unfocused height?
    If not, please tell me the option.
    I would like smaller font.
    Thanks.
  5. Guys, it is important for this bug to be known, knocking an item frame off results in the item frame being destroyed, with it not giving the item. Please be careful with item frames. It has already been passed to Aikar
    mba2012 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  6. whats the ETA on getting rid of the auctions from recent threads? Such an eyesore
  7. what are the dragon tombs?
  8. You know Enderdragons? And how they can't be respawned in vanilla Minecraft? All of the naturally spawned Enderdragons on all SMPs have been killed, so Aikar is making a structure/building where groups of players can join up (even better with "/c g" and then "/invite [playername]") and fight a spawned Enderdragon for XP and a Dragon Egg (although regular loot might be added :p). The Dragon will respawn after a set time of the death of the previous Dragon, and it is going to be much, much harder to kill than your standard Enderdragon. You thought killing an Enderdragon on your survival world with god armor and sword/bow was hard? Then good luck fighting this son-of-a-hamster. :)
  9. is dragon tombs the update where u r able to protect your structures in the wild?
    if so, I am gunna build hundreds of iron farms and head farms. all of my current ones were griefed
  10. 1.8 will come out and iron farms will be broken loooong before dragon tombs comes out. This is a 2 year old idea. ;)
  11. No, dragon tombs will be the way to acquire dragon eggs again.
    There will be another update after (known as "Empires" I think) which will be how you can claim parts of the wild.
    Iron farms are not and never will be "broken", you'll just need to kill them by hand, the only difference :)
    mba2012, hashhog3000 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. So there is somebody who actually knows this... :p Anywho, I do believe that Dragon Tombs will, as mentioned, be for earning eggs, which will be given special abilities and such in a following update. :)
  13. Dragon Tombs is the method of obtaining dragon eggs. Which will later be used for land claiming which will be one of the next updates after the actual Dragon Tombs.
    The idea is actually to have dragon tombs out before 1.8. Believe it or not but the Aikar has actually started working on them.
  14. *all of SMP1-9 gasps* S-so the legends are true? The great Aikarian race has gone and started to work on them?!
  15. On mumble last night, he was saying that he may have the lag problem in check once he pushes his next update. And then he has to figure out the Taxes for his new LLC b4 the end of January (search Starlis). And THEN dragon tombs. Looking at his code from first starting dragon tombs, he said 85% was so dated that it was useless. The good news is that dragon tombs is 15% done!
  16. I believe many people voted against removing them, and thus they won't make any changes soon(don't blame me if I'm wrong please)
    wisepsn likes this.
  17. To my knowledge the vote was to temporarily remove them from Recent Active Threads before a permanent Recent Auctions box could be created below which I can't wait for :D
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. Yeah cant believe ppl actualy voted to keep it temporarily. It ruins every usefull topic on the forums. :/