12/4/13 Empire Status Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Many Mod makers haven't updated yet. Due to MCP not updated yet.
  2. Ability to send messages and items to players who are offline.

It also is a requirement for many other ideas we have, such as improved voting.

I want to make voting also reward items, and we need a delivery system (to give people items for voting who is not online), so mail will be the backend for that!
  3. How so over keeping regular mobs?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. The actual act of removing them now would cost more work than it does to update them.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Maintaining them is like no work. The work done to implement them was very minor and only costs some headache on major version updates, but the 30 minutes I might spend on updating that code is nothing compared to the weeks we wait simply for a stable build...
  6. 1st: what about witch huts? you gonna fix them too?
    2nd: What about 99.9% auctions in new threads section?
    3rd: :)
    Equinox_Boss and samsimx like this.
  7. I really didn't want to ask, but what time do you predict for CraftBukkit for 1.7.2 today, if not what new date? :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Witches actually spawn everywhere come 1.7, so maybe that'll be fine
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. No, because witch huts were broken in the 1.7 update so 1.6.4 was made to fix that. But since EMC allows the 1.6.2 client who knows.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. But witches spawn everywhere now? Would that be broken too?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. The client doesn't matter, EMC was on 1.6.4. Aikar already explained that none of the 1.6.4 natural structure stuff was going to work though, and he has a solution that will make it better.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. I'm not doubting aikar, but where'd you get your info that he has a solution to fix it?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Equinox_Boss and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. Make it better? lol.. So cant the mods answer? will the witch huts be broken in 1.7 on emc?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. What I linked to explains a few things, plus because witches spawn everywhere, it looks like they'll be fine now.
    It looks like only nether fortresses will be affected, unless someone can enlighten me on it.
    Equinox_Boss and cadgamer101 like this.
  16. They have lives you know, if you think they play minecraft every minute of their lives you are wrong, the mods are volunteers, who give a lot of THIER TIME to EMC
    jacob5089 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  17. With the way you post, I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided your question. :) The post that Rainbow linked contains all the info you need, so you would have gotten it if you clicked on it. Even though Rainbow isn't a mod, his information is still the stuff you are looking for.
    cddm95ace and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. From what i have read, it sounds like the following structures generated in 1.6.2 and before will loose their special spawning in 1.7 (until the custom EMC fix is implemented):
    1.6.2 and prior Nether Fortresses (Wither Skeleton and Natural Blaze spawns may stop, Blaze Spawners should still work)
    1.6.2 and prior Witch Huts (Witch spawns in Huts may stop, note that in 1.7 Witches can spawn outside of huts like other mobs)
    1.6.2 and prior Strongholds (may loose the eye of ender tracking, seems ok to me as I just look for new ones :))

It sounds like structures generated (first discovered) in 1.7 will be ok in terms of mob spawns.

So it seems to me that (after EMC is 1.7.2+), then until the EMC custom fix is implemented, you may want to discover a nether fortress or witch hut in a newly generated 1.7.2+ chunk if you want it to spawn the mobs correctly.

Again, I am no expert, but this is what I have read.
    Hope this helps.
    RainbowChin and Equinox_Boss like this.
  19. 4 hours 20 min to go until weekend is up. :3 hope 1.7 comes out!
    Equinox_Boss and jacob5089 like this.
  20. Can you not just re enter the seed like you have done in the past? Maybe it is a 1.7.2 bug and we should wait till 1.7.3?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.