12/4/13 Empire Status Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2013.

1. so the question if witch huts will be broken in 1.7 is still not answered.
    Monster_ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. To everyone who is wondering about Witch Huts, please read at least what would be considered authoritative or knowledgeable posts. This includes staff members in the know, and regular members who have proven to know the game and its future very well.
  3. status update: 1.7.2 is looking ready to go - staff team will be testing tonight/while i'm at work, and if all clear we should be good for a deploy once I get home.
  4. ... Awesome! That means that DT production will be resumed soon, although I think that you should take a few day vacation from that because of all the work you have been volunteering (in a way) for us. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. So, when do you get home? :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. "oh yeah witches spawn everywhere nauw!1" well, im sorry to say, youre missing the point. I dont need the 1 in 1000 witch that spawns here and there (sometimes). I want to know if my witch grinder will be fixed(with the emc fix)
    Also to the guy who tried to be funny and spammed "all structures will be broken" over 9000 times - YA we can read, but aikar said they will fix some of it.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. As of now, there is not a fix for the witch huts. Until Aikar says otherwise - I believe your already discovered witch huts will most likely be borked forever.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

8. except the second part <3 u chickey!
  9. Seeing as new updates pushes ppl further and further away from spawn area, and longer into the wild. Is there any plans to bring back Global chat, so the ppl living in the wild can be social without using their entire playtime to travel?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. we do have group chat for that sort of thing :D or even supporter *wink*
    Equinox_Boss and jkjkjk182 like this.
  11. You're still working on Dragon Tombs? YAY! I've been waiting for over a year....patiently saving every rupee I get, just for the moment DT comes out and the wild starts being claimed. I hope it does come out this time.....
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Well group chat helps for talking to existing friends, and supporter only goes for a few people. Im talking about beeing social, and speaking/getting to know new ppl through the chat(like in all other servers/games/inet-based applications) aka Global chat :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Town chat can get a bit wild on any active server.... global would be hard to do.

A Wilderness chat would be more considerable.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. As for witch huts - nothing will be fixed immed on 1.7.2 deploy

But nether forts and witch huts BOTH will be worked on shortly after.
  15. yeah on the more active servers when im in the middle of something i turn my chat off. otherwise half the time i cant see half the screen. i think global would just be a mess of that
    Equinox_Boss and cadgamer101 like this.
  16. wild-chat sounds good :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

17. Your questions:
    Just saying, both your questions were answered early on, reading the whole thread is helpful. :) And trying to be funny? No, just trying all possible ways of getting the point across. :)
    Equinox_Boss and mba2012 like this.
  18. Just that it was unnecessary ..
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Woohoo! I can't wait! Hopefully 1.7.2 works and we can all enjoy the new world and block updates(and the fish ones too!)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Sorry guys... I found an insanely critical bug at the last moment (That would of pretty much crashed the server anytime someone new joined) that took me a while to fix, and its simply too late tonight.

But heres hoping for tomorrow....