1.9 Prerelease

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ElectricSparx, Feb 17, 2016.

1. meh 1.9 will get here when it's good and ready. I keep seeing how many are worried over something added or taken away from the gameplay that we've all really adapted to for so long. Who is to say we can't do the same for the newer changes ? Well I believe you all can. I've seen many strengths in this community, there's nothing better than standing strong together.

When the time is right and our developers undoubtedly will persevere through all the obstacles that many of us are afraid will turn the game we like, into something it's not. Not saying 1.9 is going to be completely awesome nor am I stating I think it will crush the game. I am simply saying, these guys know what they're doing when they update EMC to 1.9.

#EmcWillDestroy1.9 , not the other way around!
    ESSELEM and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  2. I am going to grab myself a dragon head and name it Kryssy head. It will look better if you have a red dragon as your texture for ender dragons
  3. Yes.
    If The End wasn't created in 1.9, new obsidian towers will be created at an approximate, fixed metric distance from the origin point, where a new Exit Portal would/will be, overwriting anything else in their way.
    This could be a problem for some people's smaller builds on the main island itself, but it's not as big of a deal as outside it.
  4. Maybe more influence with attack speed (High-Speed Slicer)?
  5. I'm hoping the current end will become the frontier end and there will be a new wastelands end.
  6. 1,9 comes to emc, enchanted books now 10r
  7. Will there be a way to see how things are crafted in 1.9? Or will you just have to guess?
  8. Sweet, less overpriced obby
  9. You can call snapshots Pre-Pre-Releases :p
  10. The problem with making the current End a Frontier End and having a new Wastelands End for 1.9 is this: Currently, you cannot locate strongholds in the Frontier due to a bug. If this idea were to be added, either the Frontier would need to be reset (highly unlikely), or we'd need new warps for the End.

My thinking is that we'll probably just get a never-resetting End, meaning that Elytras will become really expensive as more people venture further out.

But in the end, Aikar has the final say with what happens with the new End stuff.
  11. *makes poison arrows for pvp*
  12. Hear me out here, we add teleports to accommodate both ends. Furthermore, when you enter through an end portal, a message says "WARNING: You are entering the Frontier End"

13. Combat Evolution
  14. *Prepares for the End* :)
  15. You can't attack with both swords, only the one in your main hand.
  16. hehe yeah I figured that out after but looks sick anyways and check this out too:

17. Maybe dragon stones could be linked to making elytra due to it being unlikely to be obtainable in EMC by normal means...
  18. I was thinking just a teleport like the wild. Something like a /wasteend and /wildend but I'm sure they already have plans for what will happen with the end.
    MissFable likes this.
  19. I think you skipped reading most of the posts on this thread.
    --------
    They could just add a spawn outpost to each like though do in the other dimensions; they would only need one near/on the main island in each version as the "The End" is designed around having only 1 entrance/exit.
    --------
    Speculation:
    -If they keep the present frontier "The End" they will have to reset some of it or copy paste what's there to a new one in order for the frontier to get the new content.
    -Sticking with the 1 persistent dimension (I don't think that this is how the update will drop but rather the negative consequences of the "what if") will potentially result in 4 cumulative problems.
    1. Resource gathering: The End will look like it has been bombarded with explosives (for an example go outside the protected area of any spawn of any dimension).
    2. High difficulty of entry: It will become increasingly difficult for new players to be able to enjoy any of the new "End" content.
    3. That's a long boring walk: Players will have to travel further and further out to get anything besides end-stone and Chorus Fruit.
    4. Hoarding: As they become difficult to locate in the frontier the price on the new non-renewable blocks/items (everything but end-stone and chorus fruit) will rise and the the increasing rarity will encourage hoarding by wealthier players (granted this will probably occur with the Elytras & dragon heads anyways).
  20. I definitely like the new boats. They are much easier to steer and way less prone to destruction via squid. Not to mention the new boats look so much nicer (you can get different colors and it actually looks like a real rowboat complete with rowing animation).
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.