1.9 Prerelease

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ElectricSparx, Feb 17, 2016.

1. nuuu. 1.9! If this comes out, I will DEFINITELY suck at pvp =O
  2. I want an unbreakable "Voter's Elytra" or something. Make it like a 365 day streak reward so that only dedicated players get it.
    MissFable and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  3. Naw, 500
    Dufne likes this.
  4. Imo 1.9 closes the skill gap/requirement a lot.
  5. ... not really. I think 1.9 is making you a bit salty.
  6. 1.9 doesn't affect me personally. I dislike it, but there will be plenty of other servers besides EMC which I will play on that are still 1.7/8.

No, I honestly believe that 1.9 combat requires less skill to be successful. Sword fighting is more timing than anything else, and maybe being able to dodge an attack or two. It's definitely a lot less skill-based than the previous combat system because Mojang's gone ahead and removed a lot of pvp mechanics.
  7. So instead of spamming, you have to time your attacks. That is your problem? I hope you know that you can use timing to gain an advantage on a player. For instance, you can do big attacks until the player's health is low enough then do smaller attacks.

Shields are all about timing too. You want to use your shield sparingly so you don't get backed into a corner. Then again, you also don't want to use it rarely or you will die easier.

Maybe the PvPenguin might go extinct due to Darwin's Survival of the Fittest taking effect.
  8. This discussion seems familiar. Maybe it's because you bring up "1.9 PVP IS GREAT!!!!!" every time I even mention the words 1.9 and pvp in the same sentence?

You seem to believe that pvp is all spam clicking.
    IT'S NOT!

I've tried arguing with that and it hasn't worked yet. I've made logical arguments in the past. I don't intend to waste my time trying to argue with you again on something as stupid as this.

Btw nothing suggests that I'd be worse at this type of pvp compared to 1.7/8 pvp. I'm not basing my opinion on the belief that I'd do worse. That'd be entirely self-centered.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  9. Other than spam clicking, what has 1.9 ruined?
  10. You seem to have missed this part:
    I'm sure if you go back through my previous posts you'll find the answer.
  11. ill save you the time

potpvp
    sg
    uhc
    using bow
    using rod
    using fire
    other secondaries
    etc
  12. It basically is :p

You wonder why kill aura is so hard to beat? Well first off it targets you as a player and it spams left click. If pvp wasn't so point + click = Damage
    Then maybe you can say that pvp isn't spam click ftw.

If you want to get good at something why not practice 1.9 mechanics than 1.8. Maybe you can see how cool this actually is. You can apply this to life as well (MC to IRL)

I welcome 1.9 as I did with 1.8.
  13. No, things like kill aura are so hard to beat because they allow people to hit other players without even looking at them and from from a greater distance than is possible in vanilla.

Autoclicker/triggerbot/safe aura/whatever does nearly the same thing. It hits the player from outside the hitbox and from a greater distance than what's possible in vanilla.

I never said cps never affected pvp.

Edit: You also mistook kill aura for a macro/autoclicker.
  14. lol try playing sg/other pvp games. If you just point and click you're dead.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Pointing and clicking works on servers like EMC, which is why I believe so many people think that's all PvP is. That's a big reason why it's so hard to argue 1.9 combat on here. ;..;
  16. I know there is more strategy than pointing and clicking.

Sg: Find gear, food, run, kill, run (In a nutshell)
  17. There are servers which simulate the SG-style of PvP in a 1v1 arena. If you went in to one of those fights and only relied on clicks, you'd get your ass handed to you over and over. That's not what he meant by SG pvp. You're forgetting about:
    • Bow
    • Rod
    • F&S
    • Healing
    • etc
  18. As far as I know, 3/4 of them work dual wielded.
    FoxyRavenger likes this.
  19. No I didn't Kill aura is a hack that targets multiple people in a 4 block radius. I've seen these being used against me in other pvp servers. (Kinda reason why I don't pvp) Your right about you not being able to see them but it also gives the player the ability to swing at a target (Mob or Player)

This update will break those hacks and pvp will become more enjoyable.
  20. You seem to have missed the fact that I'm not arguing 1.9 anymore. Have I not made this clear enough? If you want to discuss 1.7/8 I'm willing to do so, but have I not made this clear enough?:
    -
    -

Drop it.