1.8-What are you most excited about?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TechNinja_42, May 1, 2015.

?

Are you looking forward to 1.8?

Yes 22 vote(s) 62.9%
No 7 vote(s) 20.0%
Sort of... 6 vote(s) 17.1%
Banana 16 vote(s) 45.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. So as Aikar announced, the Empire will officially be a 1.8 server soon! Many new things are coming: Bunnies, Prismarine, Guardians, Andesite, Diorite, Slime Blocks, and quite a few other things! I don't know about you all, but I am pretty excited :D What are you going to do when EMC Updates to 1.8?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Slime Blocks, Armour Stands, Banners, hopefully land claiming, more slime blocks and MOST importantly new witch huts with a 3rd spawn level.
  3. Sponge. Nuff said.
  4. Slime blocks. That's it.
  5. Installing the main floor of my mega mall - love me polished blocks. :)
  6. New rocks and slime blocks!
  7. Oh my I'm excited for all of it. The Zoo and Animal Shops will be shutting down temporarily so I can add bunnies, and a few of the exhibits will be getting a makeover with the new blocks. :cool:
    TechNinja_42 likes this.
  8. New door types :)
  9. I want sea lanterns <3

I also enjoy me some of them new stones. :D
  10. The new blocks are definitely going to be welcomed. I'm a little indecisive about the crafting options for some blocks (think moss stone, cracked stone, etc.). Don't get me wrong: I like getting my hands on more of them, but on the other hand it also defeats the purpose a little bit. What's so special about them if everyone can make then..

But most of all I'm looking forward to skeletons which can no longer (easily) shoot you in the water. I've dug out a lot of rivers and pools for clay blocks and being shot by a skeleton while completely under water has always annoyed me a little.
    TechNinja_42 likes this.
  11. Slime blocks!!

*builds skydiving area in the frontier*
    TechNinja_42 likes this.
  12. My favorites:
    • Bunnies/Everything bunny-related!
    • Ocean Monuments!
    • Slime blocks!
    • New doors/new stone types!
    All good stuff in my opinion, but those are what get me most excited. :) The ocean monuments and bunnies in particular are super exciting to me.
  13. I want to recreate the Japan bunny island. Fluffy.
    TechNinja_42 likes this.
  14. I'll be really honest here when i say this:

The Only reason I like 1.8 on EMC is because a lot of other servers are in 1.8 already and we are behind.

I do not like 1.8 because the Anti Aliasing is shit. It is literally not even an option for me. Also there are a lot of bugs. And can we not forget squid farms will not work unless you modify your farms </3
  15. Head fixes, hopefully.
  16. They will and will have player's hats as well :D
    TechNinja_42 and ShelLuser like this.

17. They aren't special anymore. Now different things are "special" new things. Old things from old updates wont always be special. We have new blocks to explore with our creations. Incorporating the new with the old, that will be a lot of fun. As far as the arrows go.... I completely agree.
    TechNinja_42 and ShelLuser like this.
  18. Hm, I don't think the 1.8 update will add much to my EMC experience. My most liked feature is custom world generation, but I obviously won't be able to use that.
    TechNinja_42 likes this.

19. I'm going to try to find a very specific spot to build a wither skeletons farm. It will probably be the most massive creation I have undertaken yet and I have worked on a couple of fun large builds. My wither skelly farm I'm going all out though. Smp7's town may not be seeing me a whole lot for a few weeks XD
    TechNinja_42 and WyntyrReavyn like this.
  20. Bunny.jpg

Enraged bunnies :eek: