Zombie Invasion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MrBigBux, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Perhaps in the future, an immunity delay on login would be a good idea. Give those logging in a chance to escape. But IMO that takes away from the whole plague thing. The idea is that people don't escape. :)
  2. A grace period would have been kind of nice, along with having to bite (hit) a player to infect them. Just so long as the the guys on the infection leaderboard don't get some kind of "award promo" for being at the top, I won't have any quarrel with the system. They were targeting new players for a top spot, but, whatever I suppose. . .

It was just a flawed system, but it'll only last this day. It really just comes down to the event being a nice little activity to make the day interesting.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  3. I also find this ironic that mojang also decided to turn people into villagers... While are having a zombie invasion...
    Connect the dots!
  4. My experience was also rather uneventful. I logged in and was immediately infected and everyone else in Town was already a Zombie.

I think having an antidote and extending the apocalypse over a longer time period that includes a weekend would have made this a lot better. It would have been fun to be able to forcefully inoculate people by shooting them with Cupid Bows or ourselves by drinking potions or eating Golden Apples. A smaller range would have been nice too. At least in Town. It would have made more of a game of tag out of the experience.

Maybe Aikar can improve it for next year or we can have events that aren't only on April 1st.
    MrBigBux and NZScruffy like this.
  5. The cool thing about events like this.. it gives us a chance to try new things.. see what the public likes.. see how it handles the numbers.. without too much of a worry on quality to be honest. We can throw in some simple things.. and it can easily help base future ideas. This is our first april fools day thing that involved the player's this heavily. We are not beyond fault, but we did try.
    NZScruffy and Pab10S like this.
  6. I'm not feeling unhappy about the way it turned out for me. I wanted to post my ideas of what I think might have made it a better experience for me so the event can be refined for next time. I saw the original thread earlier and was expecting to spend some time hiding and playing tag once I logged in. Instead I logged in and was like: Ok. I guess I'll get back to what I was working on last night. It certainly didn't ruin my day or anything. I was just expecting something more elaborate.
  7. I found it a little annoying that I found 4 people afk at /tutorial so people would be infected with the virus immediately, and defluxer was afk at /town.
  8. Not true, I stayed at your res and explained what happened.
  9. if we could change it up a little bit, maybe by making it so punches are the only things that infect then it could be a really good minigame
  10. It is very likely we will redo this event again with some tweaks. *Renames File from AprilFools to ZombiePlague*
  11. I'm not whining about the event and sorry to go off topic, I do have to ask, I've seen 3 Staff post in this thread and wondered why nothing was said about
    How is this legal yet Radar is illegal? I'm not trying to get Defluxer in trouble, I was just always told maps that allow you to see other people are illegal on EMC and I would hate for anyone to get banned or something for it.

I actually thought the event was pretty fun, though as stated, can be added to :).
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. Aikar posted a link to it in this thread: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/join-the-empire-with-a-single-address.33299/page-2#post-639558

I haven't seen it come up in allowed mods yet. Sounds like it works the same. They said in the thread that the radar was in Reis also, it just didn't work here so this is probably the same.
  13. I had fun, never got infected....
  14. But...I am confused. If the Radar function doesn't work, then:

jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. I can confirm that the radar works completely on EMC. When installed it, I checked with chicken to make sure the radar was acceptable. Essentially, given that the person is not map hidden, it functions as a really limited y coordinate determinator with mobs showing. Seeing as you would have to be deliberately following someone else to cause harm with this, I really do not see the problem.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  16. Yes VoxelMap is allowed. Radar function does work - and that is fine

Has been on the approved list since January 23rd.
  17. OKies Thanks guys :). I only knew of how Radar isn't allowed etc. That's why I asked.
  18. That should have been removed back in January as well :p

Edit: seems it wasn't. Went ahead and changed that. lol. Changed it from "mob radars" to "block radars", as it is still illegal to use a mod to direct you to certain blocks (such as ores, glowstone, etc.)
  19. Yeah but you also hid on a res with move turned off. What's the fun in that? lol

I will admit that I was guilty of taking this game too seriously but once I chilled out a bit it got more fun.
  20. XD to be fair, i didn't really get a chance to take part at all, i only really came on to check out a machine a friend mailed me about.
    wkramer79 likes this.