Join the Empire with a single address!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 8, 2013.

1. That feature has been disabled as far as I know. Reis minimap could do the same, but that feature was disabled.
  2. Can I just clarify in order to be certain, Zan's minimap or Voxel Minimap is absolutely okay to be used on Empire Minecraft?
  3. Yes
    _Stads_ likes this.
  4. Yes, both are ok. same mod
    mba2012 and _Stads_ like this.
  5. Thank you for getting back to me so promptly ;)
  6. *Note: I will edit Aikar's posting reflecting this*
    Zan's Minimap/VoxelMap uses the Connect address to store waypoints. Unfortunately they are not stored by world yet (so all overworld waypoints will still combine together - town/wild); If you switch servers using Bungee, your coordinates WILL NOT update to that server. (right now)
    RainbowChin likes this.
  7. Yeah i just noticed this...

It's TRYING to, it stores "world: dimension: " in the file, and new waypoints disappear on /server, but once you relog they show up :/.
  8. maybe they will support it in the future. I think it was control pack that handles it correctly
  9. Why don't you guys just make EMC brand minimap? And it will work perfectly? :p
  10. If only I had time... I would figure out all of the ins-and-outs that it takes to make an amazing minimap. BUT: ain't nobody got time foh dat
    supereskimo and mba2012 like this.
  11. Well, at least we have the dimension separated waypoints now, but as for per world and server, were in the same position as Rei's there :/
  12. Technically Rei's Minimap deals with storing waypoints better than Zan's/VoxelMap. Upon further investigation. Rei's always stores them as playsmp1.emc.gs.. while Zan's relies purely on your connect address.
    In other words, you would get different waypoints if you connected via smp1.emc.gs or smp1.empire.us
    While Rei's would go off of both playsmp1.emc.gs
  13. I'll always connect to empire.us, so I'm good there.
    Seems you can't win either way, they both have good/bad
  14. Thats why we need EMC Brand Minimap! :p
  15. well, considering Voxel isn't a discontinued project and speaks english... theres a chance to get Bungee support added.

If the mod sends a command to the server, bungee can pick it up then send it hidden chat messages to communicate with it.

its VERY simple to code. Just voxel isnt open source as far as I know of.
    mba2012 and chickeneer like this.
  16. I'll bet the creator of that project would love it if servers Specifically recommended their mod, for something like Bungee compatible. If anyone ever talks to them about it. Ask them about making Multiverse compatible as well.

Note: Control pack was not the mod that supported multiple worlds
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. the download site of voxel map is down,

is there any other allowed minimap mod?
  18. There isn't any out for 1.7 yet I don't think