Why Is SMP7 So Much More Active Than The Others?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TuckerAmbr, Oct 29, 2018.

1. smp10 is where its at boys
  2. I don't have much to contribute in terms of Town activity, but I personally have an outpost on 7. Lately, I've been on SMP7 much more than my native SMP4, working on a guardian farm.
    FadedMartian and top_benny like this.
  3. Sorry, bought out 36 residences. Probably why there isn't many there ;)
    FadedMartian, top_benny and 607 like this.
  4. I wish to love all the empire smp the same, which is why i am trying to get a full enderchest of shulker boxs on every smp.

Each with a set of armor, tools, weapons.
    Along with at least a one stack of each stackable items.

That way if I wish to play, on another smp i can just type in whichever smp i want go to and play there.
    607 and top_benny like this.
  5. I agree with toade smp7 is poupler with events I know saz does. JD if he’s even online he’ll be on 7 toade works in vanish on 7 so maybe some members come and scream toade I need ya. But the dead smps are 4,5,6 and 3 and 9 so 7 and 1 are always as poupler al least like mrsocks75 mob arena witch are prety pouperler with people so yea
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  6. Smp4 is superior to the rest.
    FunWart likes this.
  7. 6+
    DarkModFallen likes this.
  8. Actually, smp 3 is the second most popular. But definitely 2, 5, 6 are basically deceased and 9 is a close 4th. Any new players that come to those must wonder why they came to this server if no one plays on it.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  9. Well yea beacuse the new players mit not figure out there smps so if the spawn on smp6 they mit think emc is dead but when they relaise forums and other smps and events they’ll move to the better smps other then there home smp but if one spawns on smp1 smp7 or smp3 and 2 they’ll keep home on that server but when the hole smp7 thing started the reason is beacuse. Smp7 was dead and all the other smps didn’t have reses beacuse people wanted 4 reses beside each other so they can ask senior staff to do it but then the smps ran out so they went to other smps and tried to find at least 2 or 3 open reses beside each other
  10. You have been around for a while TuckerAmbr - your comments earlier about spending time on multiple smps to gain enthusiasm I have tried (as well as other staff/players - AT had been on pretty much all the smps lol) and have had some success with. However, what are your thoughts on the following:

(When land claiming is a thing, and you can (hopefully) tp to your wild base/outpost/empire)

Completely get rid of some of the SMP's - such as 2,5,6

What would that even look like? Well, my thought is 1. you get rid of a traditional spawn in the middle of town (this has been discussed anyhow). 2. Move all the res' from the smps being eliminated, to the "new" smp's, we could even rename them to something cool rather than numbers. 3. This would be a little more tricky, but in my opinion not all that crazy, we will need to copy wild bases and choose a location on the new smp wild's to paste, with the help of the base owner of course. Are some of the bases large? Of course. Will it take some work, perhaps. Will this entire process condense EMC and have a lower cost to run? Yes. Anyhow, what you think? lol
  11. Can confirm not true :p I have 48+ residences and 8 is still alive
    607 likes this.
  12. What I thought might work is merging the chats of smp1,2,3 into one, smp4,5,6 into one, and smp7,8,9 into one. This way the chat becomes much more active than before. :)
    607, Eviltoade and FadedMartian like this.
  13. I think that this would be a great start :) If anyone else has any opinions on what might help, I would love to hear it! (maybe I'll start another thread haha)
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  14. That's a cool idea!
  15. I've thought about when and if based on the player base there would be a reduction in smps and how that would/could be handled. One issue is, I have 13 reses all congregated together on smp5. Could that be maintained? I'm sure I'm not alone with this. If it could be maintained that would be important. I'm not married to smp5 but I am to what I built up.

But is the wild on the same server? I'm not understanding how you could keep the wild and save much cost and not do something to decimate what has been created there. If I lost what I have made in the wild I would most likely be gone and I'm sure I'm not alone. When the update comes out I am hopeful the server will rebound but I also realize things are a bit tenuous now. Aikar has found it necessary to hire more developers to handle an ever increasing number of updates. It's a different world.

Here's another thing. Have you looked at which smps have the supporters? Even if they are not as active. Because any change like that would upset the ship for many people and they would say goodbye. Even if you save some cost it would need to exceed the loss of revenue that you would be guaranteed to take place if a huge change happens. If there are 20% more diamond supporters on smp6 than smp3 why not move smp3 to smp6 for instance. The smp3 players might be more apt to deal with the change too.

Just a few things to consider. I am a bit fond of my reses and I am a bit fond of my stuff in the wild. But what you described is workable for me.
    top_benny, Eviltoade and FadedMartian like this.
  16. This would require some re-working of what the towns look like - Perhaps a central hub for spawn then perhaps 2 grids or 4 grids around the hub? And yes, if you have 16 or 32 res' or whatever, they would all remain in the same configuration.

As far as wild goes, we go out to the wild on your smp, copy your entire base, then paste it in on the new smp.

And as for supporters, I can't see someone quitting if nothing of theirs is lost? I mean, I know some people are in love with their home smp, but I don't see someone quitting simply because their smp was consolidated with another. Anyhow, I'm just thinking out loud lol
    TuckerAmbr and top_benny like this.
  17. I think we should allow the capability to be in smp1's town and smp2's wild at the same time. That is one of the beauties of EMC, you can be in town and in the wild at the same time. If smp1,2,3 were completely merged and you could only be in one world of them as the same time, I'd be furious - I wouldn't be able to be at my wild base at the same time as at my town residences, like I can be now.

Also, I don't think copying parts of (wild) worlds into other worlds would be a good idea - as they should remain separate anyways in my opinion - as it would be extremely difficult to copy over everything. Town merging... Possibly. Wouldn't it however be much easier to just add multiple town worlds, like we have a wild and a town and a waste right now? Also, I think we should keep the possibility to be in one place in the smp1 town and in another in the smp2 town without having to move - this is very convenient when selling, building, visiting, whatevering. :)
  18. So your
    Eviltoade likes this.
  19. There would be things that would not be great for many of us but I also think we all need to consider the long term viability of the server when hard decisions need to be made. Remember, we are more than some unrelated people that like to play the same game. We are a family and like a family we are capable of giving a little to keep the family together. I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but I think we are together when it comes to making some concessions for the greater good of the server.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  20. yea there has been many from there, you and Silk among them