Why Is SMP7 So Much More Active Than The Others?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TuckerAmbr, Oct 29, 2018.

1. I don't get it. What is it about SMP7 that so many more players tend to be on that one than the others? I have watched this phenomenon for awhile. Is it all about The_OP_Illager? I mean SMP8 is supposed to be the cool one where all the cool kids hang out. I mean they even have their own warning when you go there. But they can't compete against SMP7. What is it about 7?
    Foxy_Kitty and FadedMartian like this.
  2. maybe because seven is odd and eight is even?
  3. Smp7 is way more normal than smp8 but smp8 topics tend to move their.

The second way could be that smp8 is dying in popularity.

Or smp7 is the way more normal smp8. :p

(Also smp8 isn't the cool kids club anymore.)
  4. I'm not comparing to only 8 but to all other smps.
  5. I'm not sure why, but it isn't the first time. I've seen smp7, smp9, smp1, smp8 and now smp7 again be the most popular server. At least that's what I remember. It's not always so clear to tell, anyway. But yeah, from the few times I've been online it does seem like smp7 is now more active than even smp8.
  6. I think its due to a number of reasons - but I have a theory and I will state it here again, the more active a staff member is on a server, the more active the server becomes. JD came on the scene like a snortwillie on fire, interacting with the community, holding events, quickly becoming staff and now senior staff.
    As I said, there are a number of reasons, but I think part of smp7 being what it is today has a lot to do with JD and other active members of smp7.
    There have also been a number of events there, and now Hogwarts - it was because of those reasons (and activity) I decided to start not only a secret wild build (which will be released in the near future) but also a community Empire on SMP7.
    It just makes more sense (to me) to have events and spend time on the most populated server...
  7. Aw, can we get some of that love over on SMP6? lol :)
  8. One could say that staff should concentrate their efforts not on smps that are already active but on smps that need the help to create some enthusiasm. I think that would do more to help to increase/retain the player base for EMC as a whole.
    Storm_ily, 607, ILTG and 2 others like this.
  9. Yes, yes! I agree with this 100%! :)

Unfortunately, they, like others, have lives and are not able to do that as much as they probably want to... :(
    top_benny and FadedMartian like this.
  10. I do think I has to do with staff being online but each server has there own uses like

SMP6 has public utilitys do /wild e and go through the Nether portal

Utopia has alot of trading pleases for villagers

Smp8 has a massive sugger cane farms forgot the res numbers

And other servers has different uses its just when people need them they use a server accordingly
    BrickStrike likes this.
  11. It comes and goes in waves with each of the smps. Plus what Toade said :)

smp8 folks are still alive and kicking, but few of us are on EMC daily atm. We'll be back. We have to recharge our zany ;)
  12. oi what would I have to do with this @TuckerAmbr

Next time at me boi
    Foxy_Kitty and TuckerAmbr like this.
  13. I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you ok?
  14. Lol, how about ya alt-f4 ma guy :p
    Foxy_Kitty, top_benny and TuckerAmbr like this.
  15. should have seen smp6 when there was 6 mods who called it home and pvp,
  16. I remember the PVP part, those were quite some times eh?
  17. I don't have a base on smp6 but I hear you can chop trees in town..

I have a End base on smp1....

Home on smp2...

I use to use an iron farm on smp3...

I didn't even now we had an smp4.. :eek:

I use to use a gold farm on smp5...

I use a ton of farms and have a base on smp8...

I've had my smp7 outpost since like my 3 month on the Empire....

So smp9 is really real apparently... ;)

Utopia is as Utopia does....
  18. You edited your post... it did say "FadedMartian".
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. I am immensely offended by you my good man! What is it you are trying to imply? I will now take my leave.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  20. Leaving your own thread. Well then.
    I imply that you are a liar.
    top_benny and FadedMartian like this.