Why Do You Use Your MC Skin?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ritunn, Jul 8, 2017.

?

Did You Make Your MC Skin?

Yes 12 vote(s) 32.4%
No 16 vote(s) 43.2%
Kinda 9 vote(s) 24.3%
  1. My skin is pure nostalgic, with a little twist.

When I first learned of servers I also learned of skins. I didn't really want to look like Steve so I downloaded a skin from the Internet, one which I could somewhat associate myself with. As time went by someone on "another place" provided a service to customize skins so I asked him if he could upgrade / enhance mine. Which he did, even had a nice logo on the t-shirt.

Things changed, I found the Empire and because my custom skin had plenty of markings specific for my previous server I switched back to my original skin. It simply didn't feel right to use a skin which was more or less aimed at a specific server.

And then I wanted something else again. I invented the 'Dress the Shell' competition, BabyCreepersRule won and that's how I got my current skin.

As before it has some specific markings of my favorite server, and just like before it's not something totally obvious when see my skin for the first time. Last April marked the second anniversary of my current skin, been using it for 2 years now and I still love it just as much as I did back then :)
    Shadow_Dcord and 607 like this.
  2. i just enjoy mine. not many people have it and it fits with my minecon cape.
  3. I drew my skin back in 2011, when I was still playing Minecraft illegally. As I hadn't bought Minecraft, my skin never showed up in-game, so I replaced steve.png with my skin. ;)
    I think I made 'fixes' to my skin at two points, both still in 2011. There are still some things off with my skin, for example, what's supposed to be my head is actually also my 'hat', which makes my head look really big, and at my shoulder's I've got skin showing where there is supposed to be shirt.
    But I don't want to change it ever again, as I've gotten quite attached to it. ;)
    And Dufne likes it! :D
  4. I legit thought cheesus (mix of jesus and cheese) would be cool and i was 11 at the time so that explains it. Then i found a jesus skin online and added a chunk of cheese on the front and back xd i never changed it for years until probably a few months ago where i cleaned the skin up a bit now that i have atleast some sense on what looks good
  5. Because my name is Shyguy and i'm classy.

I wish I was classy, why do I even have a suit on my skin wth?
  6. I have had my skin for quite some time actually, I made it myself a long time ago. (at the time I would consider myself as a "gamer") it kind of represents me (a little to long brown/blond hair/ blue eyes, wearing a basic sweater) I have got creeper faces at all placeson my head my face isn't, wich is just becuase I found it otherwise a little to plain. I have made little changes over the years, and I'm plaining to do one again, but I'm such trusted to the arm (you know what I mean) that I won't change that.
    Somethuing else I really like about it is that it is one of the only "plain" skins I see nowdays, I didn't use the "colour variation" wich means that it is all only made with the basic colours, wich I really like becuase I often find other skins being too busy.
    I recently made another version of my skin for my alt (magnusmercrator) i did use the colour variation for that one, and I changed the head to be a little more derpy and changed the creeper face to a little happy face, I have farmed that haed and renamed it "Jelle's building head" as I always wear it when building (it just feels creative, you know)

And MagnusMercrator:

7. Hmm, my skin... Many many years ago, I saw a video on how to change your skin, so I wanted a different skin myself. Me being young and not knowing how to make a skin, I googled for skins, looked through many skins, and eventually found this...

...and made that my skin! Ever since then, I've used that skin. I assume that will have been for more than 4, maybe even 5 years now. And I still like it. After some time, I've also put the skins on my alts.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  8. My current skin is meant to be a pizza. It also has the added bonus of scaring anyone who sees me without my armour on.
    Oh my, bringing back memories of my SMG days.. Why Nintendo, why no SMG 3?
  9. It looks cool. I've used this skin for about 3 years now.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. I use my current skin as it is what I am (a Martian!). Each of my 9 FadedMartian accounts have their own different color of the skin. I like them.
  11. When I first started playing minecraft I got a mage skin that showed hair, eyes...You know facial features... It wasn't until my cousin logged on to EMC to see my server. That he asked my why my skin was that of a girls... I was like, it's a boy mage. He said something about the eyebrows made it a girl... Then that got me wondering... I can't remember this players name but they kept giving me free stuff... I said to myself, wow! My cousin must be right... So from then on I have mainly stuck to mage skins without facial features... Just blacked out hoods.
    Shadow_Dcord and ShelLuser like this.
  12. I'd like to see your old skin, now! :)
    AncientTower likes this.
  13. I chose my skin while I was watching Red Vs Blue a few years back. It's Agent Texas. Plus I just really liked the idea of Spartans and there was no necron skin (From W40K) that I could use so I went with a black Spartan.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.