Who would make a good moderator?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by synth_apparition, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chas?
    battmeghs likes this.
  2. Jean?
    battmeghs likes this.
  3. Epic?
    Lol I got bored
  4. Bob?
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. I SEE THAT GREY TEXT!

i don't have guns in my house, nor do i have alcohol :p and i don't drive a truck. so :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. t
    trucks are ugly just buy a normal car

7. Chas?
  8. i do have a normal car? lolol

no no, wait, wait, THIS... THIS is my car. :p
  9. It's The Battmobile! (See what I did there?)
    battmeghs likes this.
  10. I've been avoiding this thread like the plague... but I suppose I should probably repeat what the other's have said and explain a bit...

I do not want to be a mod. Why? Because there's simply no need, and would hinder what I do. For example, catching hackers is a lot easier without a green name - they'll be more open, and in some cases straight up explain how they're hacking if you ask. No need to be able to /ban, /report will do exactly the same thing at the end of the day. Now I'm going to have to use alts even more often... oh joys...

Also, mods get bogged down in reports, ban appeals and other stuff like that. I wouldn't want to have to go through all of that when I can organise community stuff to let us all have fun together. In fact, I've got something rather large in the works right now. As a mod, I can't see myself having time to do all of that stuff.

I like being able to play on EMC because I want to, not because I have to because it's my job. It just seems more fun, and less pointless...

Even if I did apply (which I wont be), chances are I wouldn't be accepted anyway - the vast vast majority of people aren't. I get that some people aspire to be at the top or whatever, but I don't, so let those people have it.

This is probably going to come across in the completely wrong way... I just hope it kinda makes sense.

This.

Last time I checked, Aikar wasn't a liar.

They're dead. >: )

Completely disagree. IMO, only bad servers even consider this in staff applications.
  11. Yeah I can see where you are going there.

I feel really awkward now...
    mba2012 and JackBiggin like this.
  12. I think that is the South.
  13. Jack?
    battmeghs likes this.
  14. What?
  15. These threads usually end up becoming popularity contests at the end of the day, so I say this should be locked. :)
  16. Yep, and this thread is getting off topic...
    battmeghs likes this.
  17. Off topic off topic..... Okay here u go "How about those Texans" :p
    Equinox_Boss, mba2012 and battmeghs like this.
  18. Atleast it's not scratch.mit.edu. It's what I started out with for game development. It was good at first, but then artists took over the top viewed projects instead of games, it wound up being a popularity project and it had the laggiest database server over because of the spammy 'projects' on there.

Let's not make this thread like that, so lets get back on topic on discussing who you would like to see as a mod. No popularity contesting, and no posting random pictures.
  19. A friendly conversation is acceptable on this topic. Like Jack said above. Supporting has not/ never will be a factor in the choosing of Staff members. Although the Staff does look at this thread, IcC and Senior Staff are the ones that make the decisions.
  20. I've heard people saying me but i strongly disagree. My personality is not fit for it.

I have to say, hurferdurfer1 or LadyJenova. Their the only ones i know that are amazing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.