Who would make a good moderator?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by synth_apparition, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Pouts with you*
    ...Most of the time these threads turn out to be popularity contests.. <,< ..Only "big-time" names get thrown about..
  2. Reminds me of the application that Kilmanan made. Someone please find that. I laugh just thinking about it.
  3. Sadly it got deleted few mintues after being posted but I know who you are taking about with purple text.
  4. Dwight5273 I think you would make a excellent moderator!
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  5. mba2012 likes this.
  6. PandasEatRamen and mba2012 like this.
  7. That was the best part, so many thought he was serious and they were hyperventilating over the fact he was 45 and living with his mom and blaming his brother etc.
    vividOptimism and mba2012 like this.
  8. The best moderator ...
    ... would always care about people
    ... would always be tolerant and moderate, would understand and respect that there are great differences in age, culture, customs etc. and great differences in how and why people play MC
    ... would know and keep in mind that rules are never to be applied blindly, but with understanding, sense and reason. Would understand that any rule without reason is a potentially harmful rule.
    ... would prefer to deal with situations by talking and moderating (not escalating) the situation if possible
    ... would always warn before kicking if possible. (kicking someones virtual butt is mostly unpleasant not only for the two directly involved)
    ... would use power only if requested or obviously needed by others
    ... would never use power if personally involved, but prefer to call another moderator for help
    ... would not teleport around "just to see what people are doing" or use other privileges unless there is obvious need for moderation
    ... would not use the town chat for warnings to single members or 1-on-1 discussion
    ... would never troll or insult people (even if it would be legal)
    ... would always use "please" and "thank you"
    autumnrain26 and mba2012 like this.
  9. Aren't most of our mods like that already?
  10. I think most follow this but I've seen a couple who give warnings in town chat or local chat when we're all close for like an event or something but sometimes I think that is because they are busy and don't think about switching chat channels. I always saw that when one person was warned about something the others who were doing the same kinda backed off and stopped doing whatever it was too.
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. No mod fo you! You says bad words!
    Nah ur doesn't say no dun did bady wordsy!
    hayjam, mba2012, prof_genius and 2 others like this.
  12. Correct, all the people in America want Guns, Beer, and Trucks. I mean! What the hellicopter! Luckily my family doesn't have any of that so we are healthy and not drunk like everyone else. :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. The best way to get chosen is to be supporting. Look at margaritte and Chickeneer for example. Chicken was always Iron and marg was always gold.
  14. Out of all the tips on this thread, this (I think) is the most false.
  15. Explain.
  16. Agreed.
    All players here are equal. It doesnt matter if you support or not. The best way to stand out is to love EMC, and to try your hardest to make EMC better. You can do that without supporting. Honestly, what you said makes the staff sound corrupt... Of which, of course they arent. Anyways! I still think the best way to be noticed by them is to be helpful and well liked.
  17. Bob?
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. Um Not All Americans drink.
    I'm my family it is very frowned upon to drink alcohol beverages.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.