Who would make a good moderator?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by synth_apparition, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As a mod?
  2. Lol, i was being a bit sarcastic...:p:p
    Cchiarell6914 and nfell2009 like this.
  3. Oh good
  4. xD i understand ....
  5. Do you go to school? IF so you don't plan your own schedule. Do your parents make you dinner? IF so you don't plan your own schedule. Do you work? IF so you may not plan your own schedule.
  6. i wonder if the guy who made this thread is fit for it......
  7. me name! 0.O
    :p why you say my naame?
  8. Yes, I go to school. I can go home for lunch if I want to. I can cook for myself (I was taught to in school and by my parents), but my parents allow me to choose when I want my dinner. I don't see how that effects my schedule, but oh well. Yes, I do work. I work on my Minecraft mod, plugins and I make games.
    hayjam likes this.
  9. You are batman. Or batgirl. Whichever one you want to be. Who wouldn't want batman as a moderator? :p
    battmeghs likes this.
  10. I one hundred percent agree :) I don't know if people remember, but Maxarias once took a break from moderating due to stress. Moderating isn't just about a kick and a ban here and there. It is about devoting yourself to the community. I have talked to countless mods such as R0bbieJo and Crazy1080 and moderating leaves them little to know time to play Minecraft. I have sent in a Mod app, but I think now I would decline the position. I already have a hard time finding EMC time. I would have an even harder time finding the time to play if I were a Mod. Some people don't want to be a mod because they like where they are.
    Also! On the topic of age restrictions: Mods only know the EMC aspect of you do they can't get a pin point estimate on your maturity, and like I have said many times on this forum "One who is older tends to be more mature than one who is not. I am not saying that because you are young that you are immature. I am just saying that someone your age is likely to be so."
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. :D das righ'
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  12. So then there are things that effect your schedule so you can't always be on MC, and you can't just leave school when you want to.
  13. dreshasushi or superpatrex would a great mod plz do it i would be so helpful
  14. I don't know.... We were just talking about" Who would make a good moderator?" and POOF your name appeared :p
    battmeghs and SoulPunisher like this.
  15. You joined in July.
    You're a member on the forums.
    I don't know know you :S
  16. Lol hilarious.
    Cchiarell6914 and battmeghs like this.
  17. Haha you do know that putting your name out there and begging to be a mod automatically gets your name thrown in the non-acceptable moderator bin.
  18. "I can't always be on MC"
    I rarely ever get homework, i'm in the lowest set in my school because my teachers don't know what smart is. Yes, I can't just leave school when I too, i'll show you my timetable:

6:00AM: Wake up
    7:00AM: I'm done with my breakfast, getting dressed, cleaned etc. So I go on EMC for a little bit.
    7:50AM: Go to the bus stop
    8:00AM: Get the bus
    8:20AM: At school.
    8:35AM: Tutor
    9:00AM: First period
    10:00AM: 2nd period
    11:00AM: Break
    11:20AM: 3rd Period
    12:20PM: 4th Period
    1:20PM: Lunch
    1:50PM: 5th period
    2:50PM: Home
    6:00PM: Dinner
    8:00PM: Homework if I have any
    11:00PM: Bed.

See how much time I have on my hands?
    Xxandster700xX likes this.
  19. I just wouldn't be able to stand being a mod, I submitted an application, but I'd probably decline. I feel that my involvement in the forums is a task more suited to me.
  20. Most of the time I think i'd like to be a mod, sometimes I wouldn't. I help newbies, stop people from breaking the rules (if its a big rule like cussing, i'll report them) by giving them warnings to not do it again.

We have alot of arguments on smp3 even though there's like 5 players on at a time, sometimes a /kick ability would be nice to let them chill out. Alot of people say I sound like a mod and that I should be one, but I think sometimes players would end up either scared of me or see me as a person that they can talk about their RL problems to.

If mini-mods were to become a reality, where we could kick players, see square etc but not be a person players come to appeal a ban to, but seek help from that would be nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.