[White Cloud] SMP1 Megastructure

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Eclipsys, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Greetings all!

Today I'm here to announce the updated plans for Project "White Cloud" which I started back in 2016!

Original post: [5 Years on EMC] Celebratory megastructure

In 2016 I started a project on SMP1 to celebrate my 5 years on EMC dubbed "Project White Cloud". Stretching 6 residences White Cloud was to become a hall for EMC history, events and other things. However, I never got around to properly finish it with real-life taking a turn for the busier.

During the time that I was away from EMC I was still playing Singleplayer every now and then. When searching through my old harddisks I found the original plans for the build again and started updating them with new blocks.

As some of might have noticed, I've started 'cleaning' adjacent residences to make room for the update of the build. I will post updates as I go along!

Some short statistics:
    • Size upgrade: 6 to 9 residences
    • Contains (currently):
      • 25 DC's of Smooth Quartz
      • 16 DC's of Dark Oak Planks
      • 14 DC's of Quartz Blocks
      • 12 DC's of Quartz Stairs
      • 8 DC's of Quartz Pillars
      • 7 DC's of Chiseled Quartz
    Some more images:
    Ballroom:

Rooms:

Roof construction:

Work still to be done:
  2. Amazing grand display, as always. Happy 10 years to you as well!
    607 and Eclipsys like this.
  3. Thanks :D
  4. That looks fantastic!! :D
    607 and Eclipsys like this.
  5. Thanks :)

Been standing around unfinished for long enough imo haha

Working on some projects on the side to get the funds to get all the res moves done and then it's on to revamping it!
    607 likes this.
  6. I wish I had even a tenth of your design skills. Maybe I'd have a museum finally 😅
  7. The idea of this building is to give other players a space to put their items on display. Need to find a way how to do this with either residence flags or access chests or something o.(o)

Not sure how it'll work yet, but the residences are permanently protected so they can be used for it perfectly.
    607 likes this.
  8. You couldn't finish it before, so you made it 1.5 times bigger? ;)
    Eclipsys likes this.
  9. I like the build idea so far. What would you put in it though?

I've been working to reduce my playtime temporarily to get some RL projects done: but I would be willing to offer the material production abilities of Pants&Co.
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/pants-company-coming-to-an-emc-near-you.84288/

I currently have over 75 of each of the main villager (occupations), minus maybe cartographers and 1 other one that is useless to have in bulk. So 75 masons, clerics, etc. Resources wouldn't be free, so a 'bring your own emeralds' but trading would be until project completion (or you can just buy the pass for lifetime access).

*I'm also currently building a large size (in effort to clear/place blocks) additional villager farm. The location is currently secret, but it'll have 3 types of villagers currently: Farmers, Clerics, and Masons. Tentatively there will be approx 270 of each +/- 10% depending on final layout. Trade rates will be normal as I'd foresee a 4-5 man team assisting in the zombie-cure process for this many.
    Should you donate 4-5 DCs of TNT or an equiv amount of gun powder to make it (getting the sand isn't an issue): then I can expedite the creation of this, and you'd have the resource generating power of these as well. This is what I est I'd need to blast the area clear instead of picking it, which I already am avoiding at all costs.

Lemme know either way, and I'll work to assist as I can.
    nick92461 and Eclipsys like this.

10. I don't like the overall shape of it in its current 6res form. With 9 it looks much better ;)

White Cloud will function as a building where people can put stuff. As said in one of the posts above. I'd like to mix some museums in there, some services, and other stuff.

People who are interested in getting a room/floor to utilize can contact me and we can work out how to go about it :D
    607 and Grimm_Pantalones like this.
  11. Greetings all,

I've got a question for you. Which interior window sill design do you guys like most?

(from left to right 1 2 3)
    Raaynn likes this.
  12. I be likin that no 3
  13. Option 3 it is!

FadedMartian and MoreMoople like this.
  14. Amazing build! If you sell or give away or ? spots in there, please let me know!
    607 likes this.
  15. White cloud update:

Appartments are taking shape!

Hallway:

Entrance hall:

Dining hall:

Study room:

Enchanting room:

Grand hall:

Study room 2:
  16. Communal Museum space ceiling: Check!

What do you think? Yay or nay?
    ThaKloned and MoreMoople like this.
  17. I can't see much of it, it's too dark. :p Might be because of your lighting settings, though.
  18. Yea, I'm still fixing the lighting :D

Pondering whether I should use standing lampposts or add lanterns in the pixel art.

What do you reckon is best?
    607 likes this.
  19. Updated ceiling :

Upper atrium:

Full interior (Museum floors, appartment floors, public farm floors)
    Before:

After: