Pants&Company Coming to an EMC Near You

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Grimm_Pantalones, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Hi Everybody,
    In the next month or so I'll be introducing a new service to EMC...Pants&Company.
    Like the well known membership warehouse superstore, this will provide a variety of stuff;
    This will initially be solely in the form of what I'm dubbing the XL Trade Hall.

The hall will consist of 675 villagers in the following format;
    75 each (Armorer, Cleric, Farmer, Fletcher, Librarian, Shepherd, Toolsmith, and Weaponsmith)
    75 divide between (Butchers, Cartographers, Fishermen, and Leatherworkers).

While not available initially, it will eventually contain some farms for veg, melons/pumps, flowers, etc. These farms will take a while though, as it is low on my list of projects.

To all these ends, unfortunately the farm will not be entirely public. In the spirit of a membership warehouse it will be walled off and require a membership (bookpass). The purpose is to mitigate the chances of it being griefed, or just sheer overuse by the masses not committed to playing on EMC regularly. (There are plenty of public farms currently, this is intended to provide a flexible centeralized trading center for those who build large and often).

While I may in the future adjust the rates a bit for membership I'm going to offer a preorder special;
    - 33,333 rupees and you'll get a lifetime membership to Pants&Company. Just send Grimm_Pantalones the 33,333 and your name will be recorded in my ledger. The initial bookpasses will be mailed out in the next week or so. :)

* After opening the rate for a lifetime membership will be 42k.

If demand is high enough due to sheer # of people, I should note that multiple branches may eventually open. But that will be determined in the future, as it is a rather large and involved build.
    A annual membership price tier in the 18-20k range may be available in the near future.
    Should multiple branches open, passes will be usable at all locations and not limited to any specific one.

Post-Grand Opening rates are subject to change, although I'm hoping to not have to do this.
    (I'll be keeping track of memberships in an excel sheet. They are not currently intended to be transferable, although this may change in the future; as such, while resale is possible, assessment may be made by Pants&Company whether membership privileges have been abused and guilty parties banned from future access to sites.

Note: Due to sheer volume of villagers max trades may not be available on all villagers initially, although I'm using multiple DCs of Emerald Blocks to help maximize the number that are.

**Location of the hall will be disclosed upon its grand opening.

Questions and Discussion are Welcome. Thank you for stopping by. :)

Sincerely,
    Pantalones the Great
  2. I want a pass!
    Grimm_Pantalones likes this.
  3. I heard about this on discord
    Grimm_Pantalones likes this.
  4. I wanted to apologize to everybody who has paid for membership for the delay in the Opening of Pants&Co's XL Trade Hall. I've been forced to focus on a mix of chaotic IRL matters and just getting materials supplies in EMC in general. As such it was delayed a little bit longer than I would have liked.

Main Point:
    The doors (which will be getting put on, signifying the hall is operational) should be occurring by EOW.
    I'll make an announcement to everybody that it is open for business and use by those who are members.

Notes:
    Part of the delay has been in establishing my own in-town villager groups, and melon farms to source Emeralds in order to get a ton, for getting the halls' villagers about initial levels. While the sheer amount of em blocks required has proven to be more than I've anticipated, this means not all villagers will be @master level initially. Further, it will take some time to setup the librarians to ensure there are decent trades for each book AND 2-3 of each (with more for most important books). Again I apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding as well as continued support of Pants&Co. For those who have paid for membership as-of this post, I'll be sending you a stack of villager eggs as a further apology for the delay, keep an eye on your inbox for these as they'll come by mail.

5. Pants&Co's XL Trade Hall is officially open. For existing members they've been contacted with details for accessing it.

Should you be interested in purchasing a Pants&Co membership please PM me.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  6. interesting idea. worth contemplating. thanks for the information in chat.