What's up with chickens not laying eggs?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Fred_TWK, Aug 4, 2023.

1. So, according to the wiki:

1. chickens "that were not part of chicken jockeys lay an egg every five to ten minutes" "The theoretical average would be expected at 1 egg every 7.5 minutes, or 0.1333 eggs per minute." (second quote from the egg page)
    2. "When thrown by a dispenser or by pressing the use button, an egg has [...] a 31⁄256 chance of spawning 1 chick and a 1⁄256 chance of spawning four chicks"
    So:
    1/450 eggs/s * 35/256 spawns/egg = 35/115200 spawns/s = 35/1920 spawns/min = 35/32 spawns/hour (per chicken laying eggs)
    I have a setup where ~270 adult chickens lay eggs that are automatically picked by hoppers and then shot by dispenders. If a chicken spawns, is quickly moved/killed and does not affect the mobcap.
    I have been afk for 7/3 hours at this place
    So I would have expected
    35/32 spawns/hour * 270 * 7/3 hours = 66150/96 spawns ~ 689 spawns
    I got 63, less than 1/10th of what I was expecting.
    I tried to look into the drops, and to me it looks like there's way less eggs than expected.

The EMC-wiki does not mention anything about eggs, exept in the context of spawn eggs, that's not the topic here.

So what's going on? Were are my eggs? o.(o)
    607, Nickblockmaster, We3_MPO and 3 others like this.
  2. bump
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. We aren't doing anything to specifically change the egg dropping rate. I would imagine it is just a consequence of EAR (Entity Activation Range) and other general server performance changes to ensure the server can operate reasonably
  4. right, forgot about EAR there
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. You mean chickenEar obviously...
  6. we shut add car
    ( chickeneer activation range )
    note about the wiki i tink it cinda lacks spesific info about drops and oder important invormation
    but for the rest its ok
    We3_MPO likes this.