What's one thing that makes you very angry, very fast?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SpaceShuttleFan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. No offense, but as an Irish Catholic with a large amount of family in Ireland I find that very offensive.
    Equinox_Boss and Hash98 like this.
  2. i think he meant the rioters on both sides not Catholics or protestants in genral
    Equinox_Boss and ZBSDKryten like this.
  3. Yet he uses cruel language in the discrediting of groups.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Pretty much everything, especially my Scar :( Lemons make me hhappy.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. yes, the groups that protest and riot
    Equinox_Boss, PenguinDJ and 72Volt like this.
  6. if its a windows only game i have crossover to run it,

and i have bootcamp

I win,
    do not mean to be mean
  7. This isn't a place to start an argument. It's a place to post what makes you mad. Go argue somewhere else.

Mac vs PC arguments. I use PC because I have no idea how to use mac PLUS the cheapest Mac I ever looked up would cost me 4 or so months rent/10 months of electric bill money. It's not "OH HURRHURR MAC SUCKS!" it's just I'd rather have something I'm comfortable with that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

People who make fun of others. People are so rude to each other that it's horrible. I dealt with being made fun of my whole life because I was always bigger than everyone. My own family put me through hell for it all too. People make fun of for mental handicaps, the color of their skin, where they're from, how they dress, what they eat, their orientation, whether they're single or not and none of that stuff should happen. I have even had to block/remove/hide people who I enjoyed being friends with on facebook because their page was full of this stuff.

People who can't properly raise their kids. I'm not talking about "Oh that parent is freaking horrible, they won't buy their child an iphone!" I'm talking people who refuse to punish their child for something bad, let them do as they please and then blame someone else or use the excuse "Kids will be kids". The parents who would rather be their child's friend instead of their parent.

Trolls and rude people in general.
  8. I am not attacking the beliefs, views and culture of the respective groups, rather the way they go about expressing it, namely through support of paramilitary organisations.

Ah, yes, the Twelfth of July marches.
    Spearheaded by the Orange Order, who are now half the size they were in their heyday and reduced to whining over how they don't have complete political influence over Northern Ireland like they did 50 years ago.
    I'm going to tell you all a story about Northern Ireland.

There have been efforts to allow the Northern Ireland Executive, Northern Ireland's regional government, to manage its own police force, instead of Her Majesty's Government, the overall UK government, managing it.
    There was a lot of concern over this from the main Irish Republican party, Sinn Fein (pronounced shin fayn).

After the previous police force, the Royal Ulster Constabulary, was gotten rid of, the UK Government introduced a new force, the Police Service of Northern Ireland, an organisation which provided a fair, impartial policing service and didn't discriminate against Catholics. Sinn Fein were concerned about this police force and were afraid it wouldn't do its job. There was a suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly over the argument, and it took until 2006 for the DUP, the main British Unionist party, to agree to run the Northern Ireland Executive with Sinn Fein, and for Sinn Fein to accept the PSNI.

It took 4 more years for the process of giving policing powers to the Northern Ireland Executive from HM Government, and it was finalised with the Hillsborough Agreement, which stated that the Justice Minister responsible for the PSNI would be voted in by the Assembly (that minister turning out to be the leader of the Alliance Party, which I am a member of) and a new committee called the Parades Commission would be set up, to make sure parades by the Orange Order didn't cause too many problems.

Keep in mind, the Hillsborough Agreement was an agreement. This agreement was made by all parties in the Northern Ireland Executive, including the DUP and Sinn Fein, as well as the British Government. The DUP agreed to set up a Parades Commission, and this Parades Commission would make fair rulings, in the interest of the rights of everyone to express their identity and culture, and the rights of everyone to be safe and secure from racism and sectarianism.

Fast-forward to Friday 12th July, 2013, Belfast. The Parades Commission made a determination that the Orange Order's marches were not to pass through the Ardoyne Road, a volatile area separating a Protestant and a Catholic community. This was to prevent violence, tension and standoffs between the two sides. If the Orange Order were allowed to have people march through there, it would stop being expression of culture and start being sectarian provocation. The Orange Order is fundamentally an organisation about the victory of Protestant-over-Catholic, namely by Prince William of Orange on 12th July 1690, during the Battle of the Boyne. That's what all the marching is about. Victory of Protestant over Catholic. And that's the reason the Parades Commission made a sensible, justified determination, that the Orange Order was not to march through the Ardoyne Road. A PSNI blockade was established and the parade was re-routed.

But how did the Orange Order decide to respond? Why, they encouraged people to protest this! And how did that turn out? There was riots, clashes with the police, a Member of Parliament took a brick to the face, and they knew full well that if they asked for a protest, it would lead to a riot! Ministers in the Northern Ireland Executive supported the Orange Order in what was a middle finger to the rule of law they full well agreed to uphold into 2010 under the Hillsborough Agreement! What we witnessed on the Twelfth of July was a full-scale catastrophe caused by the sheerest and most blatant, complete and utter irresponsibility demonstrated by the unionist community! The Democratic Unionist Party had continued their stumbling efforts to uphold the rule of law, following union flag protests earlier this year they lashed out at the PSNI, enforcers of the rule of law they had sworn to uphold, yet failed to! And the Orange Order had subsequently failed to sufficiently condemn the rioting they caused, many of their members participated in the rioting, mountains of rubbish had been accumulated from the event due to the failure of the Order to provide any encouragement of any activity which could be vaguely considered civic, sectarian songs were played outside a Catholic church with lyrics including "The famine is over, why don't you go home" and the Order defended this, several million pounds worth of money from the taxpayer were spent on bringing in officers from Great Britain, there were ridiculous amounts of unsafe bonfires and many which burnt Irish tricolours and even at one point an effigy of a Catholic priest who had recently committed suicide, and there was an abhorrent amount of pollution from these bonfires polluting the atmosphere and the countryside we take so much pride in!

And you know what? Maybe we could stick it. Maybe we could cope with it, if it was a one time thing.
    But the Twelfth of July marches are no more of a one time thing than the date itself is. We don't go from the 11th of July straight to the 13th of July, do we?
    This is happening every year, over and over again.

The only solution is a serious reform of the principles of the Orange Order, so the marching can be enjoyed by everyone, so it doesn't have serious sectarian undertones. The Northern Ireland Executive and HM Government should jointly write an official letter (HM Government should help out to show they mean business) explaining an ultimatum to the Orange Order, that unless certain changes are made to the organisation, it will be banned. But that won't happen, because guess what? The Democratic Unionist Party is the largest party in Northern Ireland, and they're best buddies with the Orange Order.

The next best alternative would be to bring a case before the European Court of Human Rights, making a case on the basis that the Orange Order is engaging in religious discrimination through their practice of banning Catholics from the organisation, and they are celebrating a 17th century genocide of Catholics. While they're at it, it should also be made illegal under European law to celebrate the Battle of the Boyne, just like it is illegal to celebrate the Holocaust.

/rant
  9. This isn't a debate thread. You don't win a debate on a thread that is meant to discuss what makes you mad. It... It just doesn't relate :confused:
  10. I would say, but, I don't want to make problems worse in a different thread.
    So, I guess cup cakes...
    Pie, anything that is not muffin related.
  11. yeah theres been a lot of problems over there :/ ashame they just cant make peace,
    i hate politics for all its arguing so i didnt understand most of what you said :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Back on topic...
    Something that makes me mad is when someone calls gold - budder LIKE STOP
  13. I love this,1 guy owning an entire organisation with words, hilarious. :D
  14. Ugly people :eek: Jk. Umm... lagggg, and the twilight series
  15. Then what was the point of labeling them using race and religion. Why not just use those terms?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Any Member of Family: "Would you like something to eat/drink?"
    Me: "Sure"
    Any Member of Family: "Okay, do it yourself"
    Me: :mad:
  17. People judging me..

Just because i am environmental atavist doses not mean i am a hippie, or darker skin mean i am a Muslim, named after a Pokemon mean i am 8, or because I am catholic mean i am pro life, right wing, or homophobic, or a Eminem fan mean i had a bad upbringing/"gangasta" ? Y U JUDGE ME (and they wonder why i hate people)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. so, you are an eminem fan?
  19. Yes, only his deeper more depressing songs though, that have a deep meaning, like, when ime gone
    Equinox_Boss and samsimx like this.
  20. Others chomping on food or gum.

Can't stand it. They need to take in consideration of others.

Hippies. Don't get me started with them.
    Equinox_Boss and brickstrike like this.