What's in a name?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by deadmon5, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I guess I'll pitch in. Let us dive back into mid to late 2011. Summer is ending and fall is settling in.

My cousin introduced me to this new game called Minecraft. At first, I had my doubts, but it spun into this amazing game that I soon found myself spiraling into uncontrollably. Being that I, always have been an enthusiastic gamer, and I've enjoyed making numerous creations inside and out of gaming, it quickly became my latest interest. Upon registering, I hadn't given much thought but that didn't hold me back. I took something simple, and relatable. When I bought the full game I didn't see any reason for improvement nor do I now. It's perfect. It suits me.

Nicholas is my real name, so essentially Nick - yeah you get that. The game is all about blocks and Master slipped into thought because I knew if you try your hand at it, you can only get better and
    my grandparents were confident and amazed by my talents as a youngster... I managed somehow, yet respectfully though, to disagree. I know I'm not the best, but I do enjoy trying. Learning new skills and practices to become better at it is always been fun. I see every stuff to learn from here. This was just absolute professionalism.
    Thank you for the inspiration! I cannot build this good. But maybe one day, I'll be able to turn a few heads.

My other accounts:
    Master_Nick - In memory of my grandparent's way of addressing me in every written letter. (Minus the _ ) At first, I was worried it had been claimed already, but I got lucky with the underscore. Also at the time, I was using this account primarily for an MMO PVP minigame server, and I didn't want my main to be renamed.

Nickblockcaster - Inspired by Paulsoaresjr's roleplay Legend of Hoodie series in 2013, I have wanted to cast spells in Minecraft. And therefore cast blocks for building in a world built by magic.

Empire_Master - I loved EMC so much I decided to name an account for it. Self-explanatory.
    crystaldragon13, Burki, 607 and 3 others like this.
  2. I'll have to correct you on that one: In the book, a few very inteligent mice make a computer that is increatebly inteligent and ask it: "What is the answer"
    "What do you mean," the computter says, "the answer to what"
    "Well," said the mice, "To life, the universe, and everything"

After that, the computter starts calculating.
    After a few million years the computter has its answer. There is a huge media thing around it, they go to the computter and ask the question.

"so, what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything."
    "42"
    "What do you mean "42"?"
    "The answer won't make sense if you don't know the question"
    "What is the question then"
    "I don't know. I have given you the answer to life the universe and everything, but I don't know the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. I am not capable of calculating such a thing."

And so they build another computter to do that...

So, no, it doesn't say that the meaning of life is "42" it says that 42 is the answer to the ultimate question, which is basically unknowable. :p