What TV Shows Have You Been Watching During Quarantine? :0

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by KoolAid42, Apr 30, 2020.

?

What Platform On Which You Can Watch TV Shows Have You Been Watching The Most?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2020.
Netflix 15 vote(s) 62.5%
Hulu 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Disney+ 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Others (List Below) 2 vote(s) 8.3%
  1. Ultimately, no Avatar is not an anime. It was animated by a South Korean animation team and it uses the likeness of anime, but I don't think it is. However I'm very loose on this fact and sometimes I will say that it's the only anime I will watch.

N-E-WAY, I just binged all eight episodes of The Midnight Gospel and oh my goodness it was weeeeird. It's like an animated psychedelic podcast and it was co-create by our lord and savior Pendleton Ward (the beloved creator of Adventure Time), but overall I thought it was great. It's very different from what you'd expect from a cartoon, much less from an adult cartoon. We love Pen Ward
    CW: it is pretty gory and uses a lot of mature language and some nudity Watch at your own risk.
    ESSELEM and KoolAid42 like this.
  2. :eek: I looked it up and now I wanna watch it even if it's gory, and has mature language ;>
    Edit: But i probably won't watch it
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  3. i watched outer banks on netflix recently, very stereotypical netflix type stuff but its still enjoyable. then i watched a couple of episodes of midnight gospel, felt like i was on a trip the whole time lmao. then i watched an anime called erased, i dont usually watch anime but that was a damn good one. dont know what to watch now so if anyone got some recommendations let me know : )
    KoolAid42 likes this.
  4. If you like superhero stuff then I definitely 100% recommend CW's DC comics shows (Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, and Black Lightning), there is overall combined those 5 shows have 25 seasons of content so that should keep you busy.

Another good show is Lucifer on Netflix. This one does have some mature language and content so yeah beware.

My final recommendation is "The Blacklist". There is 6 seasons (I actually haven't seen season 5 or 6 because I have been slacking off >.>). This show is great, if you read the synopsis and are like, "meh" then just watch episode 1- you will get hooked.
    Nickblockmaster and KoolAid42 like this.
  5. I've been watching The Clone Wars season 7. I'm not sure it's a show for everyone, you want to be at least somewhat pretty invested in Star Wars to like it. It started 12 years ago in 2008, was cancelled in 2013, brought back for a 6th season in 2014, and now finally has been ended properly with season 7 in 2020. I'll admit, the first two arcs of season 7 don't really feel like they belong in the final season, but wow, the last arc, The Siege of Mandalore, really is something else. It's incredibly well animated, and gives you just enough nuggets of info and dialogue to tell where in Revenge of the Sith the episodes are running alongside. Everyone knew what was coming, but somehow, it was still incredibly suspenseful. The music was a completely different style from usual, many comparing it to Blade Runner, and I really welcome the change. I think it fits perfectly. I know there's a few TCW fans on here so I'll put my thoughts of the Siege of Mandalore into spoiler tags.
    The final arc is incredibly well done. Ahsoka reunites with the clones of the 501st, who we've come to know over the course of the show not as unthinking machines, but as individuals, despite looking alike. This shines through when they salute Ahsoka despite the fact she is no longer part of the Grand Army of the Republic. She enters the hangar, and a squad of 501st soldiers, including her long time friend Rex, have repainted their helmets to look like Ahsoka's facial markings. Anakin finally gets to reunite with Ahsoka, and gifts here back her lightsabers which she lost at the end of Season 5, even though she still does not want to rejoin the order, only helping to try and end the war. But the rug is pulled out from under them when he has to go to coruscant so that the events of ROTS can play outLittle do either of them know, that would be the last time they saw each other, at least before Anakin became Vader. Rex takes the 501st to Mandalore with Ahsoka to try and capture Maul and return Mandalore to its rightful leaders. Once on Mandalore, one of the Clone Commanders, Jesse, is captured by Maul who probes his mind with the force to find out who Ahsoka is, as he has never met her before. When Ahsoka confronts him in the palace, his intentions almost seem noble, in his own misguided psychotic way. He found out that Ahsoka's master is Anakin, and tells Ahsoka that his master, Darth Sidious, is going to use Anakin to bring about a new order. He then asks Ahsoka to help him kill Anakin, but she refuses and they engage in a light saber duel, ultimately with Maul losing. He is captured and brought on board the Venator class star destroyer Ahsoka and all the clones came in. Shortly after, Ahsoka is on the bridge, looking out into hyperspace when Rex tells her there's a new briefing coming in, and that it might be good news about the war. She tells him to go on his own, and he does, and then we see Ahsoka begin to have a headache, and collapse to the ground as we hear audio clips from the ROTS scene where Anakin kills Mace Windu and becomes Darth Vader, signifying that these two moments are happening in sync. Meanwhile in the briefing room, Darth Sidious contacts rex and executes order 66. Rex, having no other choice due to the inhibitor chip planted in all clones at birth, complies. Ahsoka rushes in to tell Rex something happened to Anakin, but rex stands there, shaking, then dropping his helmet. The other clones point their weapons at Ahsoka, but Rex tells them he'll do it. Ahsoka asks whats going on, when he shouts at them not to kill her, that he'll do it. He pulls his blasters out as a tear rolls down his cheek, and managing to resist order 66 for a moment due to the connection he'd developed with the Jedi, he told her to find Fives, who had discovered the inhibitor chip/order 66 plot in Season 6, but was silenced, then succumbed to the inhibitor chip and began firing on Ahsoka along with the other clones. She deflected their shots expertly, attempting not to kill them but ultimately killing 2. She cuts through the roof, finds her way to Maul's cell and releases him just before the Clones can kill him. She tells him to create a diversion, when he asks for a light saber from her to defend himself, we see an unusually cold side of Ahsoka, when she says "I'm not rooting for you. I just need a diversion." Maul then proceeds to cause chaos as usual, slicing through clones with the force alone much like the Vader hallway scene from Rogue One. She finds a room full of astromech droids to help her with finding information on Fives. She access a complaint filed by Rex on behalf of Fives, and learns that the inhibitor chips have something to do with the clones behaviour, but not the full truth. She then lures rex out and stuns him, bringing him to the medical bay. She fends off shot after shot from the advancing clones as Rex has his chip removed. She takes a hit to the shoulder and drops one of her light sabers, and is nearly exhausted, until Rex wakes up and kills the clones she's fighting, and the door is resealed. They manage to escape together to the hangar control room, and see that there is only one ship left. Jesse and all the troops are lined up in the hangar ready to kill them. Meanwhile Maul destroys the hyperdrive and the ship ends up trapped in the gravitational pull of a nearby moon. Rex tells Ahsoka that they cannot reason with the clones, and that the clones are prepared to die to carry out their orders. Ahsoka shows how pure of a person she is when she says "They're good soldiers Rex, just like you. They might be ready to die, but I will not be the one that kills them. Rex then tries to convince Jesse that since Ahsoka is no longer a Jedi, order 66 does not apply to her. Jesse pauses for a moment, showing something we've never seen before, which is that the clones do not just become mindless drones during order 66, but they can actually be reasoned with. However, this doesn't work and a fight breaks out. Maul enters the hangar and steals the ship Ahsoka and Rex were going to use, and Ahsoka, in a display of just how powerful she has become, manages to the hold the ship in place with the force for a full minute almost while clones around her shoot at her, but she eventually lets go to defend Rex. They escape into the lower maintenance hangar and find an abandoned ship, but Ahsoka falls out of the hangar and begins to freefall. In what will surely go down as one of the best scenes of the show, Ahsoka is running alongside the ship Rex is in along the top of a falling engine that had detached from the star destroyer, and manages to get into Rex's ship.
    They land on the surface after the star destroyer crashes and rummage through the wreckage to find the clones, and bury them. Ahsoka has so much respect for these mens lives that even after they try to kill her, she still finds it in her heart to bury them. This symbolises the death of the Republic, but also the clones are now finally able to rest. Ahsoka takes a last look, and realises that she must abandon her old life in order to survive in the new one. She leaves her last connection with the Jedi, her lightsabers, behind. Time jumps forward an unknown amount, but it is at least a year as the Empire is now using storm trooper armour and new shuttles. The planet is now in winter, and a familiar figure comes to investigate the crash. Vader picks up his apprentices light saber and ignites it, bringing back memories of his old life. He betrayed everyone he loved for a man who lied to him, and now his apprentice, to his knowledge, is dead too. You can see his eyes through the lenses on his helmet, which is unusual for Vader, and they appear to be there natural blue rather than the Sith yellow they had become when he took on the title of Darth Vader. He looks to the sky and sees the Convor, Morai, from Rebels. It's unknown what this bird represents but it seems to show up wherever Ahsoka goes, and is thought to have ties to The Daughter, one of the force wielders who saves Ahsokas life. As Vader leaves, his reflection is seen in the shattered clone troopers helmet, closing out the episode.

This episode was both beautiful and haunting. I encourage anyone who hasn't watched the newer seasons of clone wars to watch them, and if you haven't seen any of the show, I encourage you to watch the rest too.
    Nickblockmaster and KoolAid42 like this.
  6. From this long thing, I have 9 words to say. I am not a big fan of Star Wars. :p
  7. I have been watching some anime and whatnot, but yesterday I started the show "Solar Opposites" (Hulu original show), one of the show's creators is Justin Roiland who also is a creator of "Rick and Morty". I am on episode 6 of 8, and the show reminds me alot of Rick and Morty so if you like one of those shows I would say you would like the other.

I have watched most anime that I am interested in on Netflix, so if anyone has any recommendations that aren't on Netflix but are on other anime platforms (Hulu, Funimation, or Crunchyroll) let me know. I have watched alot so chances are, I have seen anything that is "highly popular" on any of these platforms but still shoot recommendations my way ;).
    KoolAid42 likes this.
  8. I've been watching lots of Steven Universe! Though, I'm also watching New Girl, Grey's Anatomy and some old Pokemon. :)
    KoolAid42 likes this.
  9. Ooooooo~ Interesting :p
    :eek: Steven Universe? Yesh, count me in :) I've heard of Grey's Anatomy and Pokemon is eh, quite alright, I've seen some of the movies and TV shows.
    Milosaurus_Rex likes this.
  10. Honestly Steven Universe is such a neat show BUT my favorite CN cartoon will always be Adventure Time because it's the most wholesomest thing on the planet
    KoolAid42 and Milosaurus_Rex like this.
  11. I watched an episode of a tv series yesterday! :D ;) For Mother's Day we watched Anne with an E. Quite good! :)
    KoolAid42 and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  12. Speaking of Mother's Day, my mom has been binging that show! She told me that her mom had bought her the book(s?) when she was young and she absolutely loved it/them, but never got to talk with her mom about it, so she kind of just infodumped it all to me.
    607 and KoolAid42 like this.
  13. I seriously love every. Single. Cartoon. Network. TV. Show. :)
    Oooooo Anne with an e :D
    oof, :p
    607 likes this.
  14. Even Uncle Grandpa...?
    KoolAid42 likes this.
  15. Yes. :p
    Edit: Do you have a problem with me liking Uncle Grandpa, ;(
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  16. Done with "The Office" so eh.. Still watching Roswell when new episodes hits. Just been watching movies
    KoolAid42 likes this.
  17. Ooooo Movies :D
    AncientTower likes this.
  18. Finished "Solar Opposites" and it was a great show. I really wish it was more than 8 episodes, but lets hope for a season 2 :D.
    KoolAid42 likes this.