What is your favorite superhero?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Zoebearfun105, Sep 24, 2012.

1. In New 52 canon it hasn't been specified (that I know of) if Bruce Wayne made the suit or not.
  2. Batman does kind of have superpowers. He is genius with an nearly eidetic memory. Only the top special forces could match the physical shape he is in. And he is the best hand-to-hand combatant in the world. So he does kind of have superpowers.

I don't think that the moral of Batman is that anybody can be a super hero, but I am fine with the statement. I am angered by the people who say that anyone can be Batman. That is just a complete fallacy. I think that Batman is about the complete opposite; only Bruce Wayne could be Batman.

As for Iron Man, he was Marvel's answer to Batman. But as we all know Batman could kick Tony Stark's pampered @$$.
  3. I just read the edit in the OP. Everyone knows all the classics (Joker, Mr. Freeze, Lex Luthor, etc.) so I thought I would post some people might not have heard of; James Gordon Jr, The Secret Six (I can't say enough about how good this series was), the Talons, Hush, Lincoln March, and there was a recent limited issue run called Penguin: Pain and Prejudice (now collected as a graphic novel) that every Batman fan should read.

Edit: How could I forget Anton Arcane and the Rot?

Edit the 2nd: I also forgot Black Hand and The Mad Hatter. The scene in Arkham Asylum A Serious House on Serious Earth where Batman encounters The Mad Hatter is still one of the greatest things ever.
  4. Batman...
    Spider-Man...
    But most of all:

But he's a villian, so i'll stick with Spiderman and batman.
  5. Mine is THE HULK!!! Who agrees with me?
  6. Meh. I hate the New 52. Things were getting good and then they rebooted it.
  7. Huh, never knew that...
  8. Keep em' coming
  9. Everybody says that but nobody ever explains why they don't like it. I think it really helped clean up canon, but that is just my opinion. Also, I don't think everything was fine before with Batman. I hated Grant Morrison's Batman.
    penfoldex likes this.
  10. Any suggestions for someone who wants to start reading comics ( me )
    I know there are different kinda of comics, and im 11.
    I dont care if its marvel or dc, just has to be those 2.
  11. If you go to your local comic book shop they should be able to answer any comic book questions you have. I honestly won't be able to help you with any Marvel comics, but if you have any questions about DC comics feel free to ask me. All of that being said, everybody likes different comic books so sign up for a series and if you don't like it sign off. At my store you get a 10% discount for signing up for stuff. Marvel comics come out every three weeks and DC comics come out once a month. I will add some a list of good comics later.
  12. Depends. What's your age? I'd recommend some really good comics that are at least 13+ like Watchmen or V is For Vendetta. It really depends on age at times.
  13. Well I liked the classics. I'm more upset about the reboot than New 52.
  14. Lobo...
    Hit-Girl...
    Tank Girl...
    Pocket Hulk :) (look on YouTube)

I wasn't much of a comic book reader growing up. Mostly I read superman, x-men, and spider-man. And I never collected any...

edit: forgot to add, Spawn...
  15. Here is a list of graphic novels you should read (edited for an 11 year old). You can get these from your local comic book store but they will be cheaper on amazon.com. Warning, I might leave something on here not appropriate for an 11 year old.
    Batman Year One
    Batman The Long Halloween
    Batman Dark Victory
    Batman Haunted Knight
    The Dark Knight Returns
    Batman The Gates of Gotham
    Batman The Black Mirror
    Penguin Pain and Prejudice
    Joker
    Superman Red Son
    All Star Superman
    New X-Men.

Now for monthly series. Batman, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, and Detective Comics are all starting new story arcs in issue 13. I would suggest other series but can't because you are 11. Also I can't promise Detective Comics will be any good because it is getting a new creative team. If you go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_52 you can get a complete list of New 52 comics. Since the reboot each of these have had 13 issuse (issue 1-12 plus a 0 issue {a couple have had annuals too}) and some of these issues have been collected in hardcovers (also listed in that link). If you like the series you can go back and the collect the first issues (although I wouldn't get the first issues of Detective Comics; they weren't very good). If you have any questions (I know this post is confusing) feel free to ask.
    penfoldex likes this.
  16. Mr. Manhattan, he trumps all.
  17. I think you mean Doctor Manhattan...
    penfoldex and Terr like this.
  18. Shush, he made me do that! He is everywhere.....
  19. The Ultra Pigulord!