What is your favorite band that you think no one would know?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RyugaXI, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Rhodes and Dotan
  2. Not sure anyone here has heard them before.

3. Actually, what's a 'band'?
  4. A group of people who... make music. I guess.

No idea if they're considered popular or not (by my own definition, they're not), but here's the bands I listen to on a regular basis. One of them at least must be slightly unknown:
    Arctic Monkeys
    Bad Suns
    Catfish and the Bottlemen
    Imagine Dragons
    Lipstick Gypsy
    Last Dinosaurs
    Palace
    The 1975
    The Japanese House
    The Neighbourhood
    The Wombats
    Two Door Cinema Club
    You Me at Six
    AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  5. I know this thread is old, but I had a lot of fun going over it, so I figured... why not :)

As a kid I grew up with WWF (now WWE) wrestling, I loved it. And it also helped that a commercial TV station (Sky Channel) had included it in their sport section. Every time a 'Sky Sports' fragment started it would show all sorts of sport variants (racing, crossing, tennis) and would end with a brief wrestling moment.

Back in those days there were also a lof of celebrities involved, names like Cindy Lauper, Lou Albano, Mr. T. And because some of those celebrities were singers/dancers we soon got into the "Rock & Wrestle" era.

And that led up to this classic, which I still think is quite good. Even if you're not a wrestling fan you might still like it:

Of course it has a rather predictable ending :D

And in case you recognize the keyboard player / singer: that's Meatloaf. A famous rockstar from the 70's, around these parts best known for his song Paradise by the dashboard lights:

6. Have I seriously not posted here yet? Of Monsters And Men is life.
  7. I recently stumbled across a post punk revival/indie rock band called Parquet Courts, so seeing as this thread was bumped, I thought I'd share one of their songs with you guys :)

I chose this particular song because the first time I listened to it, I had a little giggle over the fact that it sounds sort of like "I'm master of Minecraft" in the chorus xD
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. My favorite band is Starset!

I also like to listen to music with no words and music from anime ( anime soundtracks )
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Went to the record store yesterday and picked up the albums these songs are on...

and then an oldie but goodie....

10. Something no one would know?
    hmm...

Oingo Boingo

Echo and the Bunnymen

Joy Division
    khixan likes this.
  11. *dog-whistle-frequency screaming*
    Yes. Yes they are. Of Monsters and Men are beautiful and amazing. My personal favorites being Little Talks, Dirty Paws, and King and Lionheart. But I find something to love in all of their songs.
  12. I've seen Echo live twice. It would've been very cool to see Joy Division live but that would've been hard to do living in the U.S. but I have seen New Order several times. Good list.
  13. Another good one :D

khixan and KingGeorge4th like this.
  14. I seriously don't know if I already posted this but this is still one of my all time favorites:

This is from Ayumi Hamasaki, a Japanese popstar, who I assume isn't well known outside Japan. The fun part is that I don't particularly care for trance / dance music but I can really enjoy this one from time to time :)

(yes, I know the thread is very old, it hath been revived!)
  15. Probably not well known among the younger set. Maybe. Mott The Hoople

Tbird1128 likes this.
  16. they loved their guitars back then... and their hairs...

rather unknown bands? I got a few that you maybe don't know :

ASOB (can't write the name in full in here) is a nice one, punk/ska :

GSYBE (experimental collecive, dramatic and progressive, long listening) :

kojima (japanese punk/ska) :