What is your favorite band that you think no one would know?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RyugaXI, Apr 11, 2015.

1. DubChef, penfoldex, jkjkjk182 and 2 others like this.
  2. Both?
    georgeashington likes this.
  3. Band;Track
    Deep Blue Something; Breakfast At Tiffany's
    Duran Duran; Ordinary World
    Led Zeppelin; Stairway To Heaven
    Buggles; Video Killed The Radio Star
    Tears For Fears; Woman In Chains
    Newton Faulkner; If This Is It
    Natalie Imbruglia; Torn
    Bruce Hornsby & The Range; The Way It Is
    Jona Lewie; You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties
    Martha And The Muffins; Echo Beach

4. pffft, young'uns ;)
  5. khixan likes this.
  6. Hey . I think AC/DC is the best. And Aerosmith

I mean ...
    TechNinja_42 and khixan like this.
  7. Perspective - Those bands weren't formed yet when I was born :D

They're both good and all. They just didn't exist yet lol. The good news? I grew up with Led Zeppelin :D

EDIT: Oooh technically, Aerosmith was just formed when I was born. I stand corrected. They didn't start releasing albums till a few years after I was born.
    TBird1128, ShelLuser and kaptrix like this.
  8. Oooh, I love Breakfast At Tiffany's. Also, I recognize half of those despite being born after those bands…:D
    ZBSDKryten and khixan like this.
  9. Bowling for soup for the win!
    AnonReturns and deathconn like this.
  10. I feel old now as well haha.
    ShelLuser, khixan and georgeashington like this.
  11. Tenth Avenue North
    Skillet
    5SOS (5 seconds of summer)
    TBird1128 likes this.
  12. Linkin Park.
    If you want less popular than that, then Relient K.
    TBird1128 likes this.
  13. I like the bands / singers that aren't well known. My favorite non-popular bands would be Artist vs Poet or State Champs but I also enjoy We Still Dream and For the Win. I've listed my favorite songs that I don't think any of you know (From first favorite to last favorite) :)

One too Many Times (acoustic) by For the Win
    Leavin' in the Morning by Artist vs Poet
    Stay by Artist vs Poet
    I'm Gone by J Rosevelt
    Idfc by Blackbear
    Clairvoyant by The Story So Far
  14. <3
  15. I don't think these are that well known...I could be wrong; but I haven't heard them on the radio or anything, ever.. so:

The Xx,
    Flunk,
    Worm is Green
    georgeashington likes this.
  16. While going over my youtube playlists I found another.. "We have band". I came across these a few years back when I was more heavily tied up in synthesizers and sound design, they had just released the video below. The fun part here, apart from the video, are also the effects which basically follow the main lead (with DAW's (Digital Audio Workstation) its not uncommon to use indicators which "follow" your music score).

Here's is Decisive from We Have Band:

Click here if the video doesn't play
    607 likes this.
  17. About time to revive this thingie a bit :)

Fall Silently is a dubstep / house track composed by Christoph Maitland and Toby Emerson with a vocal part by Veela. The fun thing is that some parts of it were designed in FL Studio, a music making program. And the company behind it liked the material so much that they used it in the official teaser trailer for their latest beta release. Latest at that time by the way, this thing is almost 5 years old now.

The fun part is that I came across this because of the music: I work with this kind of software myself but don't even like FL Studio ;) But that's just the thing: just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can't appreciate nor acknowledge the heavy potential it has.

Alas, please ignore the (dated) trailer video and concentrate on the music. 5 years old but I still think it's a very solid piece of work.

click here if the video doesn't play

Oh, and in case you're interested in listening to some more of their work then please check out the official Soundcloud page.

18. All time favorite band, too bad better versions of the video don't work. Google "More Cowbell."
    Always count on Shel to the bump the old threads :D
    ShelLuser and khixan like this.
  19. That would be "bands I also like for $100, Alex".

kaptrix likes this.