What is your favorite band that you think no one would know?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RyugaXI, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Senor Wooly Totally kidding
  2. So I'm not certain how I would know if YOU didn't know who these bands are, but since I took the time and sifted through the bands of other people - I decided to offer up five of my own Bands / Artists / Singers

There is foul language in the lyrics - listener discretion is advised:

The genre is Metal and Hip-Hop:

Two from Roky Erickson:

One from Yngwie Malmsteen:

One from Company Flow:

One from Pharoahe Monch:

I guess I turned this more into.... What song do I like, that maybe someone won't know about, and maybe some others will? :cool:

None-the less - Roky Erickson isn't really someone I fancy - I just think these songs are hilariously, stupidly, funnily.... catchy.... :confused:

Yngwie Malmsteen is My favorite guitarist, ever. Hands down.

Company flow, and Pharoahe Monch is good hip-hop, Not the trash that comes out now a-days. Tons, Tons more where that comes from.

But really I only listen too: Classical Music, Old school rock, 50-80's Oldies, Metal, and Hip-Hop.... And could stretch out a bit more.

- Thanks for letting me share!

And how about a bonus:

Saxon: Crusader!
    TBird1128 likes this.
  3. Hurts! I know Hurts, they're a decent band - Better Than Love just has to be the best of their songs though :rolleyes:

4. Bag Raiders, not sure if they're popular or not, but I really like this song.

EDIT: Broken video, for some reason. Updated one (Hopefully this video won't get removed from the US as well)
    Birosquinha likes this.
  5. Soy guapo.
    Probably Børns. Pretty good band that most people haven't heard of (although they were just on Jimmy Fallon so you might have heard of them there).
    cowland123 likes this.
  6. Some bands that I never told anyone I listen to (they'd think that I'm weird :confused:)
    • LapFox Tracks stuff - especially by Mayhem and Kitsune^2:

• DragonForce - kinda famous but still not good enough for me to admit liking it. All songs sound the same, you just need to listen to Heroes of Our Time and this one:

• Machinae Supremacy - 99% of the songs are crap filled with bad rhymes. Try "Indiscriminate Murder is Counterproductive", it's my Skyrim story!
  7. My favorite artist is Lindsey Stirling, but my favorite bands range from Linkin Park to Alice in Chains and Imagine Dragons.
    Dufne and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Old thread, I know, watch me no care ;)

So sometimes you come across a song which immediately grabs you; as soon as it finished playing the first thing on your mind is to hit play again. Same happened here:

click here if the video doesn't play

... the boy they call the Diamond King :)

And all of a sudden I feel the urge to go mining for a bit ;)
    TBird1128 likes this.
  9. His secret? Xray.
    Dufne and ShelLuser like this.
  10. ShelLuser and TBird1128 like this.
  11. Modest mouse
  12. Hi gang,

I know, the thread is very old, etc, etc. Some threads last forever and I needed a place to post this. I was going to post this in a competition thread, that ended, but I still want to share my post :)

Now, the artist I'm showing here is not very unknown. Most people know or have heard Gangam Style, and there are plenty of people who are already fed up with that. But... What many people don't realize is that Psy (the artist behind Gangnam Style) has done plenty of other work too. Stuff I dived into, some I liked and some I don't like.

Thing is: I have a very broad taste in music and I don't quite care if I can understand the words or not. I like Asian music just as much as I like Russian music or European / American ("English") music. And I think this one is a classic, for several reasons:

Click here if the video doesn't play.

Have you watched the video? No? Then stop reading and do that first. Otherwise it'll ruin the surprise.

Ok, now here's the first question for you: how many camera switches did you see during the first part of the song? (1st part is where he walks through the first 2 sections of the building)? There is a brief switch when he walks from the first to the second area, but notice the background where nothing seems to have changed?

The answer is: none. This is a well known camera technique which can be extremely hard to achieve. Also because to make things right you can't really cheat this with editing. Well... I suppose you can now with computer editing and such but even then...

This is one of the reasons why I think the old movie "Singing in the Rain" is such a masterpiece and a classic. During the song "Make them laugh" there was basically one camera shot. Even Tarentino realized the tremendous potential and he has actually used this technique himself in "Kill Bill I" (during the scene when the Bride enters the Japanese party hall).

Also notice Psy's hand gesture in 1:26 (you may need to start a bit before that) to the camera? That makes me conclude that this recording is as real as it can get.

And there's more proof:

Second question: Those actors keep coming and coming, also when Psy enters the 3rd area, do you think they used the camera switches (happening more frequent later on) to give those actors time to reach the main area?

Answer: Not likely! Look back at 2:15 in the video and pay close attention to the background. In specific the right side of the video. See all those actors running? Keep paying attention around 2:22 and now watch the background on the left side. More actors running.

Coincidence?

More proof? 2:45 into the movie, the whole gang starts to make a run for it.

SO yeah... to me this is one heck of a song and I doubt many people realize the sheer brilliance which has been put into the video.
    L1K34K1NG and FirstJugBurgerz like this.
  13. Nice. Also, I may have just bumped my old thread. Hope no one minds. =P
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Uh oh, blast from the past with The Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive"!
    ShelLuser, TBird1128 and TechNinja_42 like this.
  15. I think that everyone knows of that band though :p Or do they not? :eek:
    AnonReturns likes this.
  16. Is it bad that I hum that song while playing Zombies on CoD?
  17. Got one I bet most of you have never heard of, Hayseed Dixie! They are a Rock/Bluegrass fusion band whose first album was "A Hillbilly Tribute to AC/DC" and had covers of AC/DC songs, and where they're name comes from. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayseed_Dixie
    http://www.hayseed-dixie.com/Home.html

They have a very open policy of people recording audio and/or video at their concerts. Youtube has a lot of videos of them.

Their signature song/debut single is their cover of Highway to Hell;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siFpZHu2XzI

They do a lot of bluegrass fusion covers of a wide range of styles of songs.
    AnonReturns likes this.
  18. yes :p im still emotionally damaged that they broke up and ill never be able to see them in concert
    AnonReturns likes this.