What is this?! => Dia voucher

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, May 28, 2020.

1. rubber ducky that was colored incorrectly?
    607 likes this.
  2. What messy OP. :p
    Uh... a joystick?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. It's a reddit Snoo :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. It looks like a decent attempt at a Fractal pattern generated in the blocky MC world.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. My first guess would be the Mandelbröt set
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Oh dear, now I feel old. That really brings back some memories! hmm, I wonder if the original serie runs on Netflix.

Congratulations, you've won! I shall /mail you the voucher when I get online later today!

Thanks everyone for playing!

(edit)

And bonus points for adding some geekness into all this ;) Not sure what it'll be but you two can also expect something in the mail later today.
    __Devil_, Egeau, OhMiku and 2 others like this.
  7. I can see a cat in it now. :)
    I wonder why you added an umlaut. :p
  8. I personally can't yet see a cat in it, actually. :p

Probably because it seems like it's a German word, and German words offen have umlauts. :) I actually also thought it'd maybe need one. :p
    ShelLuser, Egeau and 607 like this.
  9. Makes sense! Looking it up, I see Mandelbrot was born in Poland, so perhaps the surname Mandelbrot comes thence? Seems plausible to me. :)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. Mandelbrot doesn't immediately seem Polish to me either... let's see. After looking on Wikipedia, I found that he had an uncle Szolem Mandelbrojt. His first name does seem Polish! The "j" in his surname is interesting, but not definitive. It slso says that this unclecwas from a Jewish family of Lithuanian descent! Lithuanian, that seems more like it, I'd say. :)
    Egeau and 607 like this.
  11. It looks like a CAT to me.
  12. Same, that's why I set up this contest. But in the mean time I found the original design here. Seems that it looks better as a banner than on a cape.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  13. Ah! :p

Ah, interesting! On the banner I do recognise a cat. :)
  14. Wow, the banner design looks amazing!
  15. Well, the prizes have been sent which officially concludes this silly ad-hoc forum quiz :)

Thanks again for playing everyone!
  16. Gosh darnit, he beat me by 9 minutes :rolleyes:
    ShelLuser and farmerguyson like this.