What can I do via empireminecraft.com ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PseudoDistant, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Can I pay somebody via the site?
    Can I modify my difficulty settings via the site?
    Can I give somebody flags via the site?
    Can I ... ( I'm confident that you have the idea. )
    MoreMoople likes this.
  2. It's a forum site. It does forum things
  3. As far as I am aware, you are not able to pay people from the site, modify difficulty settings, or give out flags.
    You can, however, check your rupee log/balance and buy supporter rank. As always, you can be the awesome person that you are, and have fun! =D
  4. Thank you for the prompt response. My phone wishes to say something!
    MoreMoople likes this.
  5. You can't and I consider that to be a very good thing too. However; in all fairness I do think you make a good point with your first question. But still...

See, the problem is that you and I only look out for the positive things right now. I logged off (<cough> rage quit</cough>) after fighting Momo (got killed (darn you Momo! :D )) and now I'm not too sure if my difficulty isn't still at 10. Don't look at my difficulty choice please, focus on the fact that Momo KILED ME because of it :D

So in those cases I can definitely agree that being able to change this on the website could be useful. Now I can log on, enjoy the peace at difficulty -1 and... wait, -1?!

That is the downside here: allowing for this to work through the website would automatically require a TON of failsaves. I dunno about you but I do not like the idea of some stranger being able to "just" change my difficulty setting to 10 merely to have some fun at my expense.

Adding features like these isn't merely about coding some Javascript (and server-sided code) to make this work, it's also about keeping everything secured from malice. Which takes effort that should not be underestimated.

And I can very well imagine that running an older version of Xenforo isn't exactly helping here. Actually I'm pretty sure of that but no comments.

Bottom line: sure, these would be cool features to have but the amount of effort required seriously doesn't weigh up to the benefits. I mean... hop online, pay your due's and get rewarded by the derelict timer being reset back to 30 days. Yaaay! :)

I'd rather see the devs continue their work on Empires (I'm still a believer!) than something as trivial such as this (though... I do agree that being able to pay other players online would be very useful).
  6. I believe devs have said this is coming soon.
    I don't think so, but it might be coming soon :)
    Xx_Hunter2002_xX likes this.
  7. Loads of stuff like making threads asking what to do or threads about stuff you've done in game..
    607 and Xx_Hunter2002_xX like this.
  8. Oh? I haven't heard about any of this. Did you hear it on the forums, or in-game, or on Discord, or in real life?
  9. Like Jay2a says, the website does forum things. While various functional features have been added, those aren't really the site's intended focus; community interaction is (you just have to look at the first thread to see that).

Without speaking for the devs, I'm actually not aware of any plans for it to be added soon. It is, however, an accepted suggestion (and has been since 2012). If I am wrong, it will be a nice surprise for all of us :p

I don't know of any plans for the two other features you quoted.
    Xx_Hunter2002_xX, MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  10. Everything

Except you can't pay rupees through forums
  11. See below