Well EMC, it's been a ride.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by samsimx, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Simx, I've always observed you and many other staff and ex-staff members. Even though you may not know me at all, but I know Sim, all the times I crossed with you on the server were good times. It's sad to see someone so cool and awesome leaving EMC. You have your reasons, I understand it. Sometimes we make decisions we feel that are the best for ourselves. I respect your choice, although I would like you to stay... I just wanted you to know that if someday you come back to EMC, I'll be here with open arms (Since I'll never leave EMC). It may seem insignificant for you, but I'm sure lots of people appreciate you as well Sim.

As a way to express my gratitude for you being such an awesome person here's a cookie with glasses I've made. Enjoy!
    607 and tuqueque like this.
  2. Thank you for being kind, helpful, serving as Staff, and for your Epic 5 Million rupee giveaway!
    Kytula and tuqueque like this.
  3. Simx shall still be praised ;-;
  4. Moderator Leaving WHAT!?

You know sam, I've only met you once. I tell ya, I don't like goodbyes. But coming from my perspective, you have a lot more to do than EMC is concerned. I'll be going to collage next year, so I have yet to cross that road like you are now. Collage and being a skier! Man you got things going on my friend! Are you going to Ft. Lewis in Durango, CO?
    It's a descent collage near the four corners and near the best Ski resort in the state. If your feeling adventurous, you can go to Silverton, CO. They have a ski area there that is open to may. If you consider yourself a Expert skier, that is a mountain you must try.

Anyways back on track, as I talked to you once. You seemed to be a very relaxed, kind, thoughtful, and respectful moderator. You don't find those often and those traits are few and none these days... :oops: EMC will miss you and your praisers ;)
    tuqueque likes this.
  5. You've made it farther than I ever have.
    tuqueque likes this.
  6. >.> *Bursts into tears* Make sure you come back! Are you gonna do a grief party?
    tuqueque likes this.
  7. So i have a 1% shot of being a staff? :p
    tuqueque likes this.
  8. Well looks like everyone on emc will remember you in our hearts and soul good luck sam
    tuqueque likes this.
  9. First time I met you was in some competition, you gave me a beacon. <3

I take it you have resigned as President of EMC? If so, we must elect someone else.

And are you sure you want to leave? You could chop trees with me at /v +tree, or even help me run the farm. You sure that wouldn't be fun?
  10. Good luck in the future :) I'm sure you'll have some amazing stories to tell ;)
    tuqueque likes this.
  11. Awwww :(

First of all I don't really know you, all I know from you is what I picked up through the forums as well as from other players. And yah, many players know you so obviously I also picked up on your stories :) So yes, I'm also sad to see you go but I have to be honest by also mentioning that unfortunately I never really got to meet you.

I don't like this anymore than the others but there comes a time where you need to be honest with yourself. And I can well imagine that Minecraft can eventually become a little boring or tedious over time. There comes a time where you will have done about all there is to do and don't feel like doing it again. I've been playing MC for almost 2 years now and I also sometimes run across things which don't interest me that much anymore.

But yeah, I hope you'll peek into the forums every once in a while, who knows what might happen after a few months...

Most of all I wish you all the best.
  12. I've always admired you, sam. You've been a strong voice on the forums for as long as I've known you; I know that I, like many other members of the community, was not all too surprised when you became mod. And then when you did become mod, well, I just admired you more, because you did your job well, and yet you still managed to joke around with us and be a part of our community.

You say you haven't accomplished much, but these words come from someone who has literally had MONUMENTS built in his name, who has had half the server saying "All Hail Samsimx." Now, to you, that might just be a funny little thing that got started, no more than a joke, but jokes like that only persist for as long as yours has because those who speak it truly look up to and care about the one that it centers on.

I'm going to miss you, samsimx. I wish you best of luck in college and in all your future. Break a leg! Or don't, if your skiing. :p In that case, just have an awesome time.
    Penguinub, BurgerKnight, 607 and 3 others like this.
  13. Hi samsimx,
    I only knew you from your GIANT rupee giveaway, which was very fun if you ask me ^_^ I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand your reasons. If a game just isn't fun for you anymore, then I suppose it's time to move on to something else. I do hope we'll see you again. I know from my own experience that even if I tire of a certain game I get to missing it after a while.

Take care,
    DPK
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. farewell my man, good luck in the spooky world of college (I see what you mean about conflicting with empire, yikes) hope to see you around soon!
  15. Well, I think we'll need a new president, then.
    Bye! :)