We need more (good) mods

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Herbrin3, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conveniently .. right after reporting someone you are given a message reading pretty closely to "now that you have reported them use /ignore" but in a much more polite manner :p
  2. tl;dr the rest of the thread, but I had to respond to this.

To the moderators:

Yukon1200, Mrsmiley99 and margaritte like this.
  3. Only, every time I /ignore, I feel bad because I know the problem isn't actually resolved... I don't like ignoring problems. That never fixes them. But at least as a short term solution until a /report has been dealt with, yes, /ignore is awesome.
  4. I just really hope some more Erupe time zone moderators are added because at like a feel think that the moderation right now could be better but other servers are allot worse at times but EMC can manage so we should stop complaining unless you are happy to moderate yourself and find out how hard it can be :)
  5. Ok so first I want to say that I love all mods on EMC, the work they do is awesome and I know they all put alot of dedication into their jobs.

But from those small 70 days I have been on EMC yesterday was the first day ever that I did not see a moderator online on any of the SMP servers, I had witnessed this chat issue on SMP9 and I reported the player who was behaving badly. Tho after a while he was still spamming in caps and I did not see a moderator take action towards it.
    So I thought I'd /p some of the moderator names and found out they weren't online, some where 20 minutes ago but at the time they weren't online. I also logged onto every SMP server there was to search for a moderator to stop the madness in the chat.
    But this was the first time EVER that I saw no moderators online.
    It's even more rare than being hit by lightning while seeing Pamela Anderson walking down the street in India with Bruce Lee on her back drinking a shot of strong russian vodka, thats how rare it is that there are no moderators online on EMC.
  6. Jeremy is working on it. We recently picked up bigdavie and he's working out great!
    Bigdavie likes this.
  7. Yeah I saw him but I have only seen him online twice (forum) and that was late evening :/
  8. but a few weeks ago there was like a day where for a few hours there was no mods even on the forum (but not sure about Square) But I have to say the moderation in the past month has been 99% AMAZING
  9. I have actually not experienced much of an issue with chat spam/language. If this is an issue, couldn't Justin write a script to check for caps/language that would auto report the player? Maybe this isn't done due to the overhead for the servers? Or maybe this has been done and I just don't know it since I don't have a hard time following the rules.
  10. Actually, I quite like this idea. Maybe not an auto-report, because that'd generate even MORE reports for the moderators to deal with, but maybe... something that doesn't let you say something in chat if it:

• is all CAPS
    • contains certain profane words
    • contains more than 5 consecutive pieces of punctuation
    spam protection of sorts. (I think Justin already implemented a simpler version of this though, correct?)
    Thornbury likes this.
  11. yep that is true saying in the chat "HELP" will auto correct you to /help xD I found that out when burning in lava and I said HELP to my mate I was with andd it did /help and I was like *facepalm*
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  12. I'd be in favour of an automatic temporary ban for certain swear words. That would go a long way to aid moderating chat. Not sure how heavy parsing all chat is for server lag though.

All in caps should not be in the auto-report though. I'm not sure saying "OW" in chat or answering a question with "Y" should be penalised.
  13. Well that's why my idea works. It doesn't kick you for that, it just doesn't let you post it, so you can retype "Ow!", or "y". Even without caps in the filter though, it'd go a long way towards making the job easier for moderators
  14. I have seen him several times on SMP7 going around to check that nobody was AFK at a mob spawner and on the forums. So he is doing his job and all.
    Squizzel_Boy, Bigdavie and Crazy1080 like this.
  15. Ahaha, I don't know the details but yeah.
  16. He's not simply doing his job, he's doing a great job. Of course I have access to all the behind-the-scenes logs so it's easier for me to see that.
    Yukon1200, Bigdavie and Crazy1080 like this.
  17. Would it be possible to empower a few trusted users to kick people out of the chat? I'm sure some of the regular members of the community could be trusted enough to *only* kick people when necessary, in obvious cases, and after an appropriate warning. And it should be pretty easy to monitor their kicks, and remove their extra ability if its felt that they're misjudging.
  18. Yeah i use those both on a daily basis. Mainly /report to take out people who TYPE LIKE THIS ON THE CHAT!
  19. I kind of see where this is heading; I made this thread a long time ago: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/harsher-punishments-for-using-caps.4213/page-7

I kinda like that.
    Yukon1200 and EdmundWayne like this.
  20. If you need more admins I'd be happy to oblige, I already tell people who do use caps to not to if they keep on doing it I report, If I could be an admin I could watch over them and if they use caps more the 2 times I will kick. So please if you are low on admins don't hesitate to ask me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.