Harsher Punishments for Using 'Caps'

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Feb 25, 2012.

?

Harsher Punishments for Using 'Caps?'

Yes 41 vote(s) 44.6%
No 27 vote(s) 29.3%
I don't mind, it doesn't effect me. 24 vote(s) 26.1%
  1. Really people, just stop whining about other people, you CANT control other people. just yourselves, so just "ignore" that person, and your problems are solved.
  2. Well, you want people to stop? I want the rule to be lessened so that WE can go on with what we are doing right now. It would be a heck of a lot simpler for everybody if they just lightened up the strictness of the "NO CAPS" rule.
  3. Also, why do people INSIST, adn I mean INSIST upon changing EMC. jeez people. leave it be for a while.
  4. Seconded :D
    twinchicken86 likes this.
  5. May I call for a motion for the "NO CAPS" rule's strictness to be lessened?
  6. Boy cot? :p
  7. You mean boycott? 'Cause a Boy Cot is a small bedroom full of boys... :D
  8. hahahhaha... Wow, thanks for correcting me! I dont want anybody to take that the wrong way! xD
  9. I like this guy :D

My guess is they want the ability to have someone be banned without mod intervention. A totalitarian-istic form of democracy perhaps, because before the times of /report, they asked for a way to report someone in-game for breaking the rules. Now, they want to get rid of all that and simply have a system that warns/kicks/bans immediately without having to report it...
  10. I only /report after a second time, after a warning, is that fine?
  11. Yeah, and that's wrong. People who have enemies will do the /kick or whatever it happens to be to their enemies, and get them off the server for awhile because they are haters. Being able to kick/ban someone without being a mod is a BAD, BAD idea. I went on a PVP server once, killed someone, and then bam. I got kicked, then reconnected, kicked again. This was a server where anybody could kick anybody for any reason, and it did not work out well.
  12. Thirdided :D my friend got banned for chat spamming and he didnt even get warned first by anybody I think they must always at least be warned he had only had an account for about a month and now he can't play
  13. i believe theres a plugin for changing caps messages to lower case when you hit enter
  14. not everybody gets to be a mod... just cause you apply doesnt mean you get in!
  15. what if they do accidentally hit caps lock or something... its happened to me once and i said a quick sorry

people were fine with it

its not that big a deal. it is against the rules. i agree if its a multiple offence something should be done. but what about the people who spam punctuation.
  16. Well when ever I end up doing that it's true. I always seem to miss the "A" key and hit caps make it a warning the kick.
    doomauculas likes this.
  17. "HELLO"
    oops sorry caps
    ^ I hate when people do that... i know what u mean AlexChance
    AlexChance likes this.
  18. No but sometimes it's on accident like if u have cap lock on and u dont know it i agree that if they do it again and again they should be punished but not first time offenders
    doomauculas likes this.