Harsher Punishments for Using 'Caps'

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Feb 25, 2012.

?

Harsher Punishments for Using 'Caps?'

Yes 41 vote(s) 44.6%
No 27 vote(s) 29.3%
I don't mind, it doesn't effect me. 24 vote(s) 26.1%
  1. I agree with you there, plus I've had troubles with the feature (i guess i don't know how to use it properly) but for me i find most of the time, it's just text on the screen and i can ignore it by not reading it. if it really bothers me i'll go play on another server for a bit :)
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  2. Well, i believe you guys should swosh a bit, i mean, 6 pages discussing around a same topic it's something (learned from EMC experience) that's not supposed to happen.
    If you get annoyed for caps you can /ignore and /report. Also, if there is like 20 guys all caps (which probably would be fixed fast *cough*/ban*cough*) just /ch off ;)
    If you believe EMC servers chat it's just not acceptable you can always use alternatives, like skype, ventrilo or anything else :p
    It's a rule not to use all caps, or abuse from them, and i believe now with square and /report system this won't be a trouble, players will be kicked (as part of a warn) fast and if they keep it coming, they will be perma banned.

I suggest a mod to close this, just to avoid discussions between players :p
  3. Well taking rupees away is kinda harsh cause I sometimes accidently without noticing do (Example) oH OK THAT'S GREAT And I dont notice before i type enter this happend to me once and i got kicked..... so Im kinda fine if they say sorry not in the same sentance if they didnt notice...
    apamment likes this.
  4. What does swosh mean?

And what's wrong with discussing something at length as long as people remain respectful and polite. It's obviously something that matters to some people.

And god forbid there could be discussions between players on the internet forums. (was that too sarcastic?)
  5. Swosh = calm down a bit.
    Also, i support the idea that you guys should discuss as long as you respect each other, but (as said up there) experience has showed me that long, confusing and polemic threads just finish in a couple warnings and a long "fight"
    apamment likes this.
  6. I will give a general Warning of No Caps.... anything after that is kicked without warning... they do it again and its a 2 hr ban.... again... well I just ban them and let them appeal and I take my sweet time in getting to them. At that point they have been blatant in breaking the rules so I am in no rush to see them back... :)
    apamment likes this.
  7. No I agreed with you sir! I just quoted what you stated for truthness.
    apamment likes this.
  8. Well, the /report does get adressed, doesn't it? That is what matters.
    angelomni and apamment like this.
  9. I sure hope so.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  10. Im still not totaly satifised with the /report system I am seeing a lot of bann apeals which should be in a private conversation at first...And Im seeing them complain about the system....
  11. I don't see how there is any problem with 6 pages of discussion. Nobody is being rude (well, maybea few people). But they are hardly a part of teh conversation. Somebody said it needs to be enforced more often, and that I guess really is the whole point of this topic. WE don't necessarily need or want there to be harsher punishments. We just want people to stop. So we were trying to think of a way to do it.
    angelomni and AlexChance like this.
  12. Well said, good sir.
  13. It would be sort of hard to get people to pay a fine and they might accidently type in caps.
  14. I mean like auto-take it, after 2 times.
    Seberling likes this.
  15. I completely agree.
  16. I gu
    I guess that would work.
  17. Why are you not satisfied? It does exactly what its suppose to do. Raise awarness that a player is breaking the rules.

Before the system, the only way you could report a trouble maker was to send a tell to an online mod, who may be busy and missed the tell all together.

The report system now gives ANY mod that's online, and even ones not in game (but has access to the web) the ability to see who needs help/taken care of.

I'm new here, but I'm extremely active and processing reports as soon I see them/able (some require senior staff to do)

And what does appealing have to do with the success of the report system? They are unrelated.

/report cant do much more without the risk of false positives - You don't want to be at a spot where people are banned by SYSTEM incorrectly do you?

what we have now is an easy to use system of seeing everyone who is being reported of breaking the rules, which exposes more mods than before to seeing someone is being bad.

What do you suggest be changed?
    angelomni likes this.
  18. I agree.
  19. I think the pushishements for certain things are fine as they are, when anything gets so extreme theres always the old ban option anyway. I think report system is really good and it doesn what its supposed to. The only problem I see with it is the people who arent breaking the rules reporting stupid things and abusing the system. An thats down to you guys not the rule breakers
  20. If I saw that in chat I would assume that they only realised their caps lock key was on halfway through the sentence. Being close to "a", it's very easy to toggle accidentally. I always type "sry caps" if it happens to me, but not everyone will. Certainly if someone says sorry after typing in caps I don't have a problem with it.

It's usually obvious when someone is spamming too many caps. They also aren't the ones saying sorry. Swearing annoys me more than caps. I'd be in favour of a filter, but I guess it adds load to the server.