We need more (good) mods

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Herbrin3, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, IcecreamCow has been around since the beginning and he's always sneaking over to Utopia and blowing up Aikar's residence.:D
    JackBiggin and margaritte like this.
  2. In the beginning, there were only IcecreamCow and Aikar, waging a constant TNT battle on the great Utopian Plains... Out of the chaos formed the Empire, but it was not the Empire as we know it today. It was a brutal place, landscape like the nether, and filled with roaming bands of griefers. Then came JustinGuy, son of JustinFather, who built, in secret, a palace from which to govern the servers. A great war was fought between Justin's Endermen and IcecreamCow's hordes, led by the powerful Moderators. After many days and nights, Justin's programming prowess proved too much for IcecreamCow to hold back. Justin's Endermen, supported by his plugins, took control of the towns and banished the evil from IcecreamCow in the form of GameKribJEREMY. Ever since, JustinGuy and IcecreamCow have ruled the Empire side-by-side, governing as one with an iron will, a golden heart, and a set of diamond scales that JustinGuy is rumored to keep under smp1 spawn ;)
  3. yeah well I'm not on all the time ;)
  4. *facepalm*
  5. you know it possible that a mod in disguise !!!!!!!
  6. the report thing wiht caps is kinda usless if a mod sees taht confirmed they will ban the reason i think we should have more is to kick people not ban them jsut give them a warnining before they do it too much.
  7. i have seen nursekilljoy ban people when she is not on the server mods can see all server righting i think
  8. Thanks to the emphasis on [good], every time I see the name of this thread I imagine we have evil mods and this comes to mind. Now we just have to figure out which mods are who.
  9. To those of you who think I should use "/ignore", and thus there is no problem: Let me try to explain;

I wish I had a screen-grab of yesterday - but I'll try to roughly simulate how it looked. Except with *'s.

------
    The_troll: F**K ALL FAGGOT N*GGER BITCHES YAY
    New_user: What? What is going on?
    The_troll. HAHAHA LOL!!!!!!!1111111111111111111
    Herbrin3: Hey, new user :) It's best to just ignore them. You could just type in "/ignore The_Troll"
    The_troll. JASHDFLKJAHSLDHFKJHASDK,FJAS; KJFHLKJHSA LFKJHLA.JSDH.ASMNF.MJHN.SJAFAKSJHDFAJHFNANF.AN
    The_troll. JASHDFLKJAHSLDHFKJHASDK,FJAS; KJFHLKJHSA LFKJHLA.JSDH.ASMNF.MJHN.SJAFAKSJHDFAJHFNANF.AN
    Someone_Else: Who sells glass?
    The_troll: KICK ME! BAN ME! HAHAHA I LIKE PIE!!!
    The_troll YOUR ALL F**KING FAGS
    The_troll MODS ARE FAGS!!!
    Herbrin3: Glass, 19000
    The_troll GLASS ASS HEHEHE FAG

...and so on

---

I hope you can understand better, from that example?

*I* could ignore them, sure. But I don't really care about words. The problem is, I'm trying to interact with other members of the community, to help them, and to have fun; when the above was going on, that was impractical.

The above kinda shows about 1 minute of it; it went on for 10 minutes or so.
    nmanley, alexschrod and hayleycolgan like this.
  10. I've seen people being "auto-kicked" and "auto-banned" by the server for spamming chat before... has this been turned off recently? Your example looks like something that should've triggered that auto-kick/ban function...
  11. I think it auto-kicks after 12 "posts" with no other people talking in-between. A moderator might have to clarify that.
  12. I have seen that too, quite recently. But my example wasn't verbatim - I think probably that specific troll was not *quite* repeating the exact same line. Probably too dumb to use 'copy' / 'paste', and kept typing it slightly differently.

My example wasn't an exact copy of what happened; I took the liberty of trying to make it clearer what *type* of thing happens, and why "ignore" does not mean it's all fine fine.
  13. ... I LOVE YOU FOR THIS.

Bullwinkle: Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.
    Rocky: Again?
    Bullwinkle: Presto!
    Lion: ROAR!!!
    Bullwinkle: Oops, wrong hat.

hehe :) Rocky and Bullwinkle are awesome.
    hayleycolgan, Maxarias and smile3 like this.
  14. like me? :p
  15. I love jimmy Johns!:p (Subs so Fast You'll FREAK!)
  16. was he banned?
  17. Yeah, I think that's it. It might also include posts with an excessive amount of punctuation characters. So just remember, guys, if someone is spamming like that, don't complain, just let him spam and he'll get banned.
  18. 5 posts in 5 seconds.
    1st is a kick, 2nd in a day = perm ban
    AlexChance likes this.
  19. but what if you go in local chat 1-2-3-4-5-GO!!?
  20. Yes. After only 6 minutes, he was banished from the Empire. I've had to go hours before on COD dealing with specific people saying those things before. EMC Staff > COD Staff :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.