Wastelands Reset and Tentative Schedule Announced 2015!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ya y reset today!
  2. haha I see you trying to hide that "Pretty sure" but anyways.... thanks for the info ;)
  3. So its um 3rd of September in NZ and 2nd of September in U.S.A so um im confused
    ChamelonNYC likes this.
  4. What happens if we're out there but logged off when the reset occurs?
  5. I'm like 90% sure you get sent back to town spawn.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Let's also not forget that the reset is still manual labor, meaning that Senior Staff has to work / prepare on the wasteland on all the servers. I'll bet that it also helps if all the involved staff members have time to actually do this ;)

Hmm, still... I think I have a much better theory what might cause the delay. They're obviously watching us and looking which mining facility could actually aid them to gain more stuff. So maybe they're now busy trying to salvage our builds and copy them so that staff doesn't have to build their own mining operations </conspiracy theory>.

Of course there is this little issue of senior staff having access to creative, but that's but a small detail. You have to focus on the bigger picture here ;)

What Gawa said, but I also seem to recall moments where players expected to spawn in their outpost or hideout or such and instead spawned in a pristine wasteland.
    Qkazoo07, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  7. When a reset occurs, will there be a new seed or do they regenerate the old one?
  8. It's a new, random seed each time. Hopefully we'll get some mesas this time around. :)
    ParodyMaster6, ShelLuser and nltimv like this.
  9. But we already have ;)

SMP2 has a Mesa biome at this time, it's in the /waste ne, all you got to do is travel all the way east and you'll hit one. For the newer players: Use /vault to transport items cross-server.

But yeah; if all goes well I am looking forward to reboot the Highway to Mesa project next week ;) With appropriate AC/DC youtube video of course :)
    ParodyMaster6, Moonglum_, 607 and 3 others like this.
  10. Yayayyaa More Diamonds For me =D me and my friends ItzBubblez and Asteria have been waiting for this =D:p
  11. Like the other things, it goes off of EMC time. So when it is the time on EST (same as EMC), the wastes will be reset.
    theomglover3rd and Penguinub like this.
  12. nuuuu, the giant hole at SMP1's east outpost will be gone D:
    whatkom and Kytula like this.
  13. I think as long as it's not an ocean biome that's there next, maybe that should be the next Big Dig site? Either way lol the great crater shall return :p
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  14. Tee hee! I'm so excited!! Always love getting out there and exploring all those fresh new biomes. :D Will have to be away but will be trying as hard as I can to get home in time for the reset... and as always.. I gotz my gettin' tools at the ready. Whoot!!

Gawadrolt, Kytula and 607 like this.
  15. Guard farms are proof that you can make a giant hole even in the middle of the ocean XD. does take a little longer though lol. I'm pretty sure our hole in the middle of the ocean is bigger than smp1's giant hole. about 130 blocks in radius... so... its like a little big or something :D

I am pretty excited for the reset, the whole reason I am gold now instead of iron. woot.
    607, ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  16. Ahh, but if it is an ocean biome, think of all those ocean monuments and sweet, sweet sponge
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  17. i call dibs
  18. Woot new wasteland! Which means it's time for me to mine out everything. =P
  19. We still need to have a big dig in an ocean because we can.
    khixan and Kytula like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.