Wastelands Launch!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Maxarias, May 19, 2013.

1. Not sure which stairs you're using but the stairs on the servers I have been on have all worked. Instead of "Stairs are broken." why not add a bit more like "Hey I was just on SMP# and tried to climb the stairs at *Outpost* and they're broken."?
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  2. Smp1, tried mining the area around em, didn't build down.
  3. Please upload a screenshot :)
  4. Can't see what ya mean. I just went to the smp1 /waste and the stairs all look intact.

Maybe you were having chunk loading issue that prevented blocks from showing to your client?
    IamSaj likes this.
  5. Yes, was in the process of getting one, its the west outpost (one of the few that aren't in the middle of the ocean)

Might be because its touching the block underneath it? That block underneath it is protected. Maybe the code could be altered to exclude the protected blocks when checking for a "touch"?
  6. On Utopia the stairs were just like above, I took the liberty of placing some blocks to make it safe lol.
  7. Yeah, I think that's just how it's intended. They'll stop when it hits a bottom "somewhere" however long or short it is so I'm sure there will be a few "oddities" like this that pop up now and then. Pretty nice though considering how extremely automatic each one and it all resets and places the new spawns with one command.
    mba2012 and MR2R2M like this.
  8. So went back to the place. Seemed some blocks "miraculously" appeared to complete the stairs. Though, I did notice no torches on them and was able to take damage from mobs on them as well as being able to destroy under them.
    A picture for your pleasure:

Note: that no permission message was from further up bellow the stairs. I had no issue breaking blocks bellow the bottom stairs:)
  9. Nice update btw :)
  10. I'll go! :D
    NO.
  11. Hahaha IcecreamCow was the cause of the explosions at the end wasn't he
  12. Be one with the Wastelands!
  13. FINALLY!!! Can't wait to use the waste lands, now I just need to pick a server to go to the waste lands on
  14. I love the wastelands. it is literrally A Miners Dream place! :D
    Adderwolf71 likes this.
  15. gess what i found a nerther fortress
  16. Netthrrack?
  17. Nether Fortresses aren't that uncommon. I found one by walking not even 200m from spawn! (Not telling you which outpost as it's secret ;))
  18. 5chris100 likes this.
  19. Mobs can travel through a nether portal now!
  20. If it's only 200m from spawn, it can't be that secret lol
    Nah, it was a bug with the spawns, allowing mobs to spawn.