Video Game Music performed on Piano, by 607

Discussion in 'The Jukebox' started by 607, Apr 27, 2015.

?

What kind of instrument do you play? (if more applicable, select your main)

Piano, organ, glockenspiel or xylophone. 27 vote(s) 27.0%
Guitar (acoustic or electric). 14 vote(s) 14.0%
Drums or other percussion. 8 vote(s) 8.0%
Cello, violin, or some other string instrument. 11 vote(s) 11.0%
Tuba, Sax, uvonium or some other wind-instrument. 15 vote(s) 15.0%
None. 17 vote(s) 17.0%
One that doesn't fall in the categories above. 8 vote(s) 8.0%

1. "This level seems like an afterthought; the music however does not suggest that. :) Although it might have been composed in a very short time as well, as while the music is soothing it is fairly simple. Because it is also fairly short and not too hard to play, I decided to play it twice, before this performance. For the arrangement, I decided to play octaves with the right hand. I don't think that is faithful to the original, but it makes it sound a lot more lush and that's good. :) (in the original, the string samples make it sound so lush)
    I hope you enjoy!

Be the first to post the timestamp for the following in the comments to earn 6 CP: when did I, in the gameplay footage, use a trick you might find in a speedrun of the game to skip obtaining the white nut? You do not need to have speedrunning knowledge in order to answer this; if you watch the video you should be able to figure out what's intended by the developers, and then what's _not_ intended will follow. ;)"
    https://youtu.be/IfnM3ohF6Ds

That's it for the Ice Age covers, for now... whenever I have the time and energy for it I practise the last two Lucky Luke themes, and quite a long and regal soundtrack to one of the Dizzy games!
    jacob5089 likes this.