Vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by journeynaut, May 7, 2012.

?

Are you a vegetarian?

Yes in real life. 1 vote(s) 1.6%
Yes in real life and minecraft. 4 vote(s) 6.5%
No I pay people to murder animals so I can eat their rotting corpses. 18 vote(s) 29.0%
Yes, but only in Minecraft. 2 vote(s) 3.2%
No, I enjoy fresh meat but not the rotten stuff. 34 vote(s) 54.8%
Only spider eyes! 3 vote(s) 4.8%
  1. Sounds like something ICG would say...
    "reeeaason!" *bleats*
  2. Well that is where you are wrong. Those animals who are bred to be eaten are in fact treated a lot more humanely than a lot of others in this world, including the humble cat and dog. I grew up on a farm. And the sheep we bred were the most important commodity on our land and thus were treated so.
  3. I believe this thing has gotten out of hand. People are being bashed for what they want to eat. I'm just gonna un-watch the thread as the way I'm reading it, it's becoming a rage war on people who don't agree with the OP
  4. This thread has become very out of hand. As I stated earlier, I started this thread because I wanted to know if people who are vegetarians in real life are vegetarians in MC. I will not respond to this anymore. If people want to start a vegetarian vs. meat-eater debate that is fine, but I will not be contributing to anymore petty internet arguments.
  5. Quick question. Why would anyone be a vegetarian in MC? I mean, if you see a herd of cows grazing, but no melons for miles, what do you do? "Oh well, I'll sacrifice sprinting and healing so that I can feel better about not killing a virtual creature."
  6. You kinda started it. "No I pay people to murder animals so I can eat their rotting corpses."

NEVER tell people from the internet off. Nothing good comes from that.

EVER.

Toodles :D
  7. As I said earlier it was meant as an inside joke. In hindsight it was a bad idea.
  8. no calimari????? :eek:
  9. Sadly, no. I have issues with the texture.
  10. Well, hindsight is 20/20.
  11. I just want to know if you have a garden or not. Do you grow your own veggies?
  12. I'm taking that as "No, not yet."
  13. Well the wanting of doing it is pretty much the same. He will be growing plants just to kill him.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  14. As so many times it has been said before, threads grow and change and do not always stay on topic. In reality, this thread has stayed more on topic than several on the EMC forums. It's a reasonably healthy debate, and I feel like I've learnt a lot from it. I haven't changed my views about whether I should or shouldn't eat meat. I don't think they could ever change. I just love bacon too much. But, it is fine for other people to be vegetarian. Eat what you want, drink what you want. It's your body. Just don't try force moral reasoning onto others.

On a side note: You can't start something on the internet with out some kind of ruckus following. Everyone has a point of view, and forums like this are the best place to voice it. That's how debates start. Just realise that you can't expect everyone to agree with your views, and that they will get challenged. People can get very passionate about touchy subjects like this.
  15. They call her -
    Ah, nevermind.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  16. Aw, shucks. Always with the flattery, Secret. :)
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  17. Someone who hasn't eaten BigMac, Cheeseburger, Peperoni hasn't yet lived his/her life :D
  18. Lol you kill
    tons of poor Chickens, Cows, and pigs for your shop! :)
    Barkley1987 likes this.
  19. I'm basically A vegetarian in game cause I don't have many rupees so I just grow melons and wheat so you couldsay I'm against animal killing cause I like seeing the cute faces of derp sheep:D
  20. Being a vegetarian is an unnatural lifestyle choice.

It doesn't really matter how you word it, but for the last few thousand years, man has eaten meat or animal produce and our bodies have evolved as such.

A few of my friends are doctors and one of them is about to have a baby. His wife is vegetarian but as a doctor he has told her straight out that he will not allow the child to be vegetarian nor subjected to a vegetarian input. He says that meat and associated products are essential for a developing body, and he's even made his wife move into small meat forays to ensure the baby gets enough nutrients during the pregnancy.

He also, rather interestingly, states research linking to the increase in allergies in new children to parents avoiding 'bad foods' when they're pregnant. For example, he's seeing more cases of children who are lactose intolerant with mothers who didn't drink milk during the pregnacy because it's supposed to be bad for the child. He says it's like a vaccination, where you are subjected to minute amounts of the disease. With this sort of thing, being subjected to lactose as an incubating foetus increases the childs resistance to it, as such.

People are free to do their own thing, but vegetarianism and general avoidance of certain food groups does have its downsides.

Also, Quorn burgers are impossible to cook on a BBQ, when above mentioned friend came round to one and brought some for herself. Three of us were stood round this BBQ watching this Quorn burger do.... nothing....
    "Is it cooked yet? It must be. It's been on there for 40 minutes, but it's not changed colour!"

Tasted like cardboard. Blearugh. :D