Vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by journeynaut, May 7, 2012.

?

Are you a vegetarian?

Yes in real life. 1 vote(s) 1.6%
Yes in real life and minecraft. 4 vote(s) 6.5%
No I pay people to murder animals so I can eat their rotting corpses. 18 vote(s) 29.0%
Yes, but only in Minecraft. 2 vote(s) 3.2%
No, I enjoy fresh meat but not the rotten stuff. 34 vote(s) 54.8%
Only spider eyes! 3 vote(s) 4.8%
  1. They tested if plants were able to sense emotions. They can't. Do you know how they checked if plants could sense emotions? By checking stress and anxiety levels. And even then, the Myth Busters tend to get a lot of things wrong.
    battmeghs likes this.
  2. Breeding an animal just for the purpose of killing it is by no means merciful.
  3. Growing a field of corn just to run it all down with a combine is not very merciful.
  4. So animals shouldn't be allowed to breed now? Because generally, in the wild, a bull will kill his child to make the mother go into heat faster. At least humans give animals a taste of life (generally) before we kill them.
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. The polygraph test said that plants can feel. If plants can feel then it follows that they should have emotions. Also I never claimed the MythBusters are perfect I am just using them as an example to show that the polygraph test wasn't repeatable.
  6. Once again I believe that plants can't feel.
  7. Did you watch the episode?
    They were having a guy think angry thoughts to create fear in a plant. They didn't doubt the emotions of plants, otherwise the test wouldn't have happened in the first place.
    battmeghs likes this.
  8. I like meat. I nom on it almost everyday. I do like vegetarian meals as well, but I would never stop eating meat. It's delicious. In fact, I'm going to go cook myself some bacon now I think.

I don't hate vegetarians. I just hate people that try force their moral BS on me that eating meat is wrong. I'll eat what I enjoy and I'll do it with a smile on my face.
  9. I never said that I was stating that large scale breeding just to kill was not merciful.
  10. They were going into it with an open mind that is what scientists do...
  11. I never said people should be forced to be vegetarians.
  12. I didn't once say you did.
  13. I do believe bacon is one of the only meats capable of turning a vegetarian back into their normal state of omnivorousness. Is that a word? :confused:
  14. That's right. If there's one thing I like it's salmonella and E Coli in the morning.
  15. I once turned a vegetarian back into an omnivore -- it was chicken fried steak with cream gravy what did the trick :D
    battmeghs likes this.
  16. I don't kill mosquitos and houseflys anymore.
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  17. Raw meat *can* be alright to eat. Steak tartar and such. Also, the natives of the Arctic eat raw caribou, seal, Arctic char and whatnot raw.
    AssignedInsanity and battmeghs like this.
  18. I kill and eat houseflies. Crunchy little morsels of protein they are.
  19. We shouldn't have to be merciful. They aren't humans. They aren't us. Do you see a wolf hesitating when he kills a rabbit? No. Do you see a shark hesitating when it kills a fish? No. End of discussion. No species has to be merciful to a species that ISNT THAT SPECIES. Do you see an anteater hesitating to eat an ant, or questioning if it has feelings? NO. That is also because they don't have the mental capacity to question things. That is why we eat them. They sustain our diet, they aren't us. PERIOD.
    battmeghs likes this.
  20. Ahi Tuna Poke is my favorite way to eat raw meatses :D