Vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by journeynaut, May 7, 2012.

?

Are you a vegetarian?

Yes in real life. 1 vote(s) 1.6%
Yes in real life and minecraft. 4 vote(s) 6.5%
No I pay people to murder animals so I can eat their rotting corpses. 18 vote(s) 29.0%
Yes, but only in Minecraft. 2 vote(s) 3.2%
No, I enjoy fresh meat but not the rotten stuff. 34 vote(s) 54.8%
Only spider eyes! 3 vote(s) 4.8%
  1. It would probably be a good idea. There are 103 replies and only about three are on topic.
  2. *genie*
    your wish is my command.

This is just a drama fest now...
    The poll was also very biasedly created...

Just going to lock it.
  3. Reopening upon request -- I jumped the gun hastily without giving enough review.

I apologize, though remember to keep it non-personal.
    Barkley1987 and battmeghs like this.
  4. I thought it was a good debate. Maybe got a little off topic.
    IcecreamCow and battmeghs like this.
  5. Please keep it on topic this time guys. I don't want another big argument.
  6. I still think veganism / vegetarianism for moral reasons is insulting.
    AssignedInsanity and battmeghs like this.
  7. Why so?
  8. Plants,herbs,veggies, etc are lifeforms. What makes them less then animals. As I stated, its insulting.
  9. Goats are vegetarian by nature and we R awesome! Except that bucks smell bad. Please don't eat me.
  10. Whoever you are, I love you :D
  11. Life was so much simpler before the fall.
    margaritte likes this.
  12. I recommend all meat-eaters read a book called Fast Food Nation. After you read it you might not feel the same.
  13. It may be unconvincing to people who raise their own livestock, catch their own fish, or hunt for wild critters.
  14. I put down options 1-3 and a mod later added 4-6. I think you are referring to option 3, it was meant as an inside joke sorry to anyone I offended.
    battmeghs likes this.
  15. I'm not trying to sound rude or start arguments but one thing you read might not sway other people. I don't eat a lot of fast food so I might read it and it not affect me. People who eat meat who raise and prepare it themselves wouldn't be swayed. I don't see how a book on fast food has anything to do with eating meat. You can just as easily go to a fast food place and get a meatless salad.

If you want to raise the "Meat can spread diseases" thing stop and think. There have been reports of recalls on vegetable products for carrying E Coli and such.
    SunnyDayz100 likes this.
  16. I know this won't affect people who raise their own cattle, but most people don't. I suggested this book because it tells of the conditions in the slaughter houses; not just for the animals, but for the people. Also I read this book after I became a vegetarian.
  17. Y'all should really consider growing some extra stomach chambers. A little E. Coli on your arugula is nothing to be concerned about when you have a four-chambered stomach.
  18. Then do eat meat, just go out and slaughter your own is what your saying?
  19. umm... I never said that...