Useful Tool: EMC Shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by shavingfoam, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ahh, true! Thanks anyway :)
  2. Is it possible to find out what res the shop was on? Probably not, but if it was, you could sort all the res's onto a database with each server.
    brickstrike likes this.
  3. Wouldn't that take mass amounts of data? there are 1500 reses on all of the smps (not utopia) that's 1500 x 9 reses that the program has to keep on record, and then on top of that, sort out all of them to one res, and only find the transactions that happen on that res... TL;DC (code)
  4. Uh, the EMC database needs to hold that data, plus heaps more. It's would only be a small amount of data that needs to be stored compared to some things...
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  5. Whatever lol. :p But, the shop keeper would have to be constantly updated if that were implemented >.<
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. No, it would only need to be updated every time a new server is added or the servers are expanded. The database would only need to store the res number, and the server.
    607 likes this.
  7. No, the owners of the res changes, so, that would have to keep up to date to. :p
  8. Unfortunately, no. :( The only available information is: timestamp, name of customer, item name, quantity bought/sold, and rupees lost/earned. All transactions look the same no matter what server or res they occurred on.
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. You wouldn't need to know the res owner. If you wanted to find what server it is on, you find the res, and each res is allocated to a server, so you find the server the res is allocated to.
    :(
    607 likes this.
  10. I am trying out this program today, but unfortunately I get this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at emcshop.TransactionPuller$ScrapeThread.run(TransactionPuller.java:198)

What to do? I tried to get info on all of my 6364 pages of history, that didnt work.
    after that I tried it with only 4 days of history but that wouldnt work either.
  11. Other people have gotten this error too. I have no idea why it's happening. Does your account use a different style theme? You can change the website style in Preferences.
  12. I'm using the grey/orange style. I believe that is the default one.
    Maybe it's because i'm logged in?
  13. Double check to make sure it's the default one. I haven't tried downloading transactions with the other styles, so I don't know if they work or not. Being logged in shouldn't make a difference.
  14. I use the dark-blue style, and I was able to download my history without any issue.
  15. Probably because dark-blue is the best! :p

And, I didn't know different styles could make a difference... :p
    607 and cddm95ace like this.
  16. After some testing I found out that:
    I only get the error if i try to get more than 235 transaction pages.
    This equals 5083 transactions. Maybe there's something with that number?
    If I try to get exact 235 pages, it works.

Hope it helps,.
  17. Strange. I see no significance in that number. Are you able to perform additional updates? (by clicking the "Update Transactions" button)
  18. This sounds really cool I read through a chunk of this thread and I can say I am impressed XD wish I could code and make programs! Great job shaving!! :D
  19. Thanks! :)
  20. java.lang.NullPointerException
    at emcshop.TransactionPuller$ScrapeThread.run(TransactionPuller.java:198)
    here as well :( It always stops with an error at the same page. The only thing that page is different from other ones, is my very first ever transaction for res forceclaim. Could that cause the problem?

Olaf_C likes this.