Useful Tool: EMC Shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by shavingfoam, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Google Chrome says it can be harmful.
    607 and AmusedStew like this.
  2. Like others have said, JAR files are programs that are written in Java. It can't be converted into a jpg or anything like that.

Some browsers and anti virus programs will give you a warning that says the file can harm you computer. That's because, when downloaded from an untrusted source, (like an email from a random person or a website you've never been to) they most certainly can hurt your computer.

However, I promise you that EMC Shopkeeper will not harm your computer. I haven't written any malicious code that will infect your computer with a virus or anything. But that's not to say that some other JAR file you download from somewhere else won't, so be careful! Don't go downloading JAR files willy-nilly. :p. And yes, I would be banned if I did anything like that (at least, I hope so!)
    607 and gunthro like this.
  3. Yes, there are tools out there that will convert a Java program to a exe file. But exe files are just as dangerous as JAR files--both contain executable code (programs) that could harm your computer. Plus, only Windows can run exe files. Mac and Linux computers can't.
    AmusedStew likes this.
  4. It's Webroot. :)
  5. :p
  6. Well, I might consider it. I will ask my dad today possibly. It IS my computer, but I don't want to download something without asking him.
  7. Version 0.5.3 released! Changes include:
    • Fixed an issue where payment transactions without reasons weren't being parsed correctly.
    • Fixed/added some item names.
    Download it now!
    gunthro and Ultimamaxx like this.
  8. I can tell you, it's great, and hasn't had any negative effects or side-effects for me! :) Even removing it is way easier than with most programs.
    gunthro likes this.
  9. Version 0.5.4 released! Changes include:
    • Completely re-worked the code that downloads the rupee transactions from EMC:
      • Moved it into its own library (see: http://github.com/mangstadt/emc-rupee-transaction-downloader)
      • Returns pages in sequence instead of whichever downloaded first.
      • Ignores duplicate transactions. You don't have to set move perms to false on your res anymore in order to prevent new transactions appearing while you are downloading them.
    • A warning is now shown if you change the username at the login screen. It informs you that you must create a new profile if you want to download the transactions for another account (such as an alt account).
    • Items like "Bow-eo0f" now have icons.
    • Fixed some item names.
    • Updated a lot of the dependency libraries that EMC Shopkeeper uses.
    Download it now!
    Note: If you use the auto-runner you will have to download the JNLP file again, as it has changed. Download it here.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. Sorry for bumping, but it is on pinned, so it's always at the top.

Awesome! I may be using this some time in the future.
    Ultimamaxx and 607 like this.
  11. Thanks Galantisizer! It's OK that you bumped it. I usually bump it myself whenever I release an update, but I haven't done so lately.
    Galantisizer and 607 like this.
  12. A rupees balance graph would be really interesting to look at.
    Pab10S and 607 like this.
  13. Version 0.5.5. has been released! Changes include:
    • Fixed a problem that prevented the "View by Transactions by Date" view from working.
    • Fixed a problem where it would fail to update your transactions after EMC Shopkeeper has been open for a long time (reported by rburke5786).
    • Fixed/added some item names.
    Download it now!
    JMB6362 and Ultimamaxx like this.
  14. Could you add more enchanted books (like unbreaking III and silk touch) to the database? Thanks! :)
  15. Unfortunately, there's no way of telling what the enchantments are on an Enchanted Book. The Rupee History page just says "Enchanted Book", doesn't say what kind. :(
    colesta1200 and _Ulti like this.
  16. is it possible to search mails, as rupee history records the mail reason, it would be very useful...
  17. Shavingfoam once gave me a virus, he is the best, always knows when I'm running out of zombie virus'
    Its a great program and would recommend to others 7.8475/7.8475
    ChickenDice likes this.
  18. I never thanked you for your suggestion! Thank you! I added it to the ideas list.

Not possible, sorry. :(

-_- That's all I have to say. xD
  19. Assigning a transaction to items and leaving the "apply to inventory" box unchecked will apply it to your shop's inventory, anyway. :confused:
    607 likes this.
  20. 607 and _Ulti like this.