[UPDATE] Staff Application 7.0

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Well, there are more people than you would think that want to become staff. Many people want it because they think they'd be good in the position, but there are also those who want it for the sake of being staff.
    I believe there used to be an age limit for applying for staff, but at this point it's based mostly on maturity and actions rather than age.
  2. Between July and December we had hundreds of apps. Age isn't what matters. Maturity makes the difference.

Edit: 368 submissions from July 15, 2016 to December 29, 2016
    We3_MPO and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  3. Oops, my bad. It's been a rough day. Yeah, I see what you mean. Having too many questions can deter many applicants away and the old one was very long. The two essays on there now allow you to put what you feel you need to write a good application.
  4. Ah yes, that makes sense. I guess I just don't find many people under the age of 18 mature too often and that's why I thought what I thought.
  5. I don't know if there is an age that you could consider "mature". I know of many adults (over 18) that aren't mature and know of many children/teenagers that are very mature. I think it also comes down to what you consider "mature". Since there is no universal scale of maturity, I think it comes down to personal opinion.
  6. Maturity in this case is the type of maturity with how one conducts themself. Physical maturity is not what we are looking for. That would be weird actually.
    We3_MPO, Carbonyx, jkjkjk182 and 8 others like this.
  7. I'm mostly applying talking about people from my own personal experiences in real life. Most of the teens I've met, including my friends are very immature. I know many immature adults as well, such as my uncle, I simply end up seeing and interacting with more immature children.
  8. Wasn't referring to physical maturity lol. That would be weird.

I have many friends that are immature as well. I try to surround myself with a mix of both mature and immature people. I'm not super social so I tend to not interact with people I don't know.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. Alrighty! I think I'll give it another go.
    ScroogeMcFate likes this.
  10. Completed.

Good luck to all, and I like the short and simple approach to this one... yet, this one took me the longest to fill out to date. Those rhetorical questions are a good idea to include in future staff applications. They get into your head and make you think, and really force you to prove your case.

...Or did they only do that to me?
  11. Maturity makes the difference, although of course maturity is mostly relative to age.

The youngest staff member (that I know of) was/is 16.
  12. Guess that means I'm applying again. :cool:
  13. I like this form. Well done, creators of it! :D (no, I haven't applied)
  14. This looks like a very concise form that I am sure helps the SS / Admins review applicants more easily. I look forward to the day of filling one of these out ( Yea, that is one of my long term EMC goals), but I feel there is still much to be done with respect to the builds I am currently working on, and those I have already made plans for. I have great respect for the staff and their dedication to make the Empire a family friendly environment. I would like to wish all of the applicants Good Luck - May the Force Be with You.

Hopefully, I get to fill one out before it upgrades to version 70.0 :eek:

Yes, I plan on being here that long. :)

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    AlexC__, AnonReturns and TomvanWijnen like this.
  15. Completed!

Thanks for updating these, although this one seems rather....short. I like the thought behind it I just don't think enough information is given about the player to correctly identify if they will be a good fit for the position.
  16. Haven't taken this one, it's quite unsure that I will (I don't blindly follow rules, especially when I deem them unfair (I can always motivate), and I somehow think that's probably not going to work too well :D), but I do have one comment in general. I seriously think you guys should be more open about the demands and requirements which are placed on staff so that players can properly consider if they want to go through with this or not. Sure, you do give the usual speech about the "walk in the park" but that doesn't quite tell us anything. Some players would consider my past activities pretty difficult to live up to as well.

I'm not just saying this to criticize (sorta) but also because I can't help wonder if being more open about the job will help players to better prepare. And better & properly prepared players are in my opinion much more inclined to stay than players who get confronted with some of the "hidden rules" and who can only conclude that this gets too intrusive for them.

I won't start spouting off, obviously, but even a simple question to ask a player if he's often AFK or not could give a hint to both you guys as well as the player that there might be some specific things they may need to adjust to.
    The_Mancub likes this.
  17. I remember taking this almost two years ago and thinking "Wow. This is a lot of work." I practically entered essays for every single written response (which is what they are looking for now I guess lol). And the application just seemed to continue forever. I probably could have saved myself a lot of time and grief by not doing it in the first place. Especially considering the fact that my answers were so stupid and not even honest, mainly due to the fact that at that point in time I had been pretending to be someone else and I had been trying to keep up the charade.

Anywho, I took a look (did not apply) at the new one and it's such an improvement! It's short, simple, and sweet. Good luck to all of you who applied and don't think you have to pretend to be someone else in order to be considered. If you are truly a good candidate, then you will be accepted as you are.
  18. i hope chicken get mod
    Slvr, samsimx and Sachrock like this.
  19. Jadzz and Slvr like this.