[UPDATE] New Player Guide Remodel

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Jul 21, 2017.

1. View our (new) New Player Guide

Fancy graphics, awesome info, and the PERFECT place to start the EMC experience!

A big shout out to the amazingly talented AlexC__ who worked tirelessly (with input from FDNY21 and myself). The New Player Guide is the first step before the release of a new tutorial, because it will be the go-to reference for new players during their quiz questions.

Take a look at this awesome addition to our site that we are super excited about!
  2. News for the Newbs!!
  3. Woah. Officially impressed.
    _Rem__, 607, ShelLuser and 1 other person like this.
  4. Welp, that looks amazing. Compliments to the team for the wonderful infographic.
    607 and Kirawwh like this.
  5. This will make ShelLuser happy lol. I am proud of this too!!! GREAT WORK guys!!!!
    607, ShelLuser and ForeverMaster like this.
  6. Amazed the first time I looked at it behind the scenes. The new guide looks fantastic. :)
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. GG

I would add how supportership works + vouchers and also a reminder that the community is great but always take precautions withthe internet
  8. This is really just a new player guide for a quick reference. The supportership is something we'll add, but we were still working on the exact layout, due to recent changes.
    607 likes this.
  9. Well done!
  10. As someone who outed criticism in the past I will go on the record: this is good stuff(tm). There are some details which I think might benefit from a small (!) change but that's mostly cosmetic & personal preference. I also plan to put my money where my mouth is :)

This is good stuff!
    607 and Merek_Shadower like this.
  11. Looks great! :D
  12. "The New Player Guide is the first step before the release of a new tutorial, because it will be the go-to reference for new players during their quiz questions."

Wait a minute, will new players have to actually go on the website for help the solve the tutorial questions? Because that seems like it'd really put off new players.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. Players have always been pushed towards the website for answering quiz questions, this isn't new.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  14. You must have joined after that was the system, but no the answers will also be found in the tutorial itself as well. The new player guide will serve as a quick-reference for the items covered, so that people can choose their preferred way of learning.
  15. Or... use a bit of common sense.

Sure: there are some rules which may be a little more obscure but wouldn't you agree that generally speaking most of EMC rules boil down to plain common sense?

(just my 2 cents, if I'm kinda direct.. thats my fault :))
    UltiPig, 607 and Tuqueque like this.
  16. Ohhhhhh very noice ! ^-^
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  17. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Krysyy has said in the past they wanted to make the questions more than just common sense yes or no questions like we have now. Thus my concern.
    Merek_Shadower, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  18. Yups, but she also stated the coming of a new tutorial.

So.. there's a bit too much to go on here to draw conclusions I think.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  19. Looks fantastic, Alex; thanks for the hard work.
  20. That's amazing!! Wow!
    I'm really impressed.
    Awesome job! :)

Got to love the example for sending over rupees. ;)
    One question: why put a hashtag on the fourth line of a buy/sell sign? Isn't it easier to just leave it empty?
    Merek_Shadower likes this.