The Second New Republic (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I'm coming out of retirement for one last post...

Look, this is a mess, just like any big government camps will be on EMC. The idea simply does not work on this scale in Minecraft, at least on EMC.

Kitten, you need to listen to everyone, you are overextending your reach into the SMP9 wild, and the plans you have for this camp will just end up never being fulfilled due to your lack of organization. Sorry if that sounds mean, but its true.

Come on people, just kill the idea of NR style camps already, they don't work in the long run because someone can and will exploit the system.

Back into retirement.
  2. :I
    Have you actually read about how I wasn't feeling myself,which explains the "you need to listen to everyone" part.
    And also,the point of the NR,was a Nation,with elections,same with this.
    It would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to exploit the Neore with the Finance Minister.
  3. "And also,the point of the NR,was a Nation,with elections,same with this."

Which people managed to completely exploit.

"It would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to exploit the Neore with the Finance Minister."

Just like how it was nearly impossible to exploit the original Neore, but people managed to exploit that to the point that they got rid of the Neore.
    jkjkjk182, mba2012 and FDNY21 like this.
  4. He's right
    We scraped the Neore within the first few weeks of the NR because it was getting to complicated. AND that was after we already had some organization and leadership, unlike this 2nd NR.
  5. We are holding GDA Elections on May 1st,if no Cities are up by then,we will cancel until June 1st.
  6. You haven't exactly accurately described how the elections will take place, and who can run as candidates etc. And you also don't have a very big population. It took he NR about 4 months of preparation before they held their first elections.
    jkjkjk182 and SteamedEcko like this.
  7. Cities as in the ones you are planning to build? or as in Wrem and Volt ect?
  8. No,they aren't part of the Nation.
  9. Well,we seem to have a good rate in the PMs...
  10. I'm not meaning to be rude, but I always seem to have a hard time understanding you.
    To clarify, THEY is Wrem, SG, Volt ect?
    And the "Nation" is the 2nd NR?
    And then the cities you where referring to are non-existent right now?
    How to you expect to have an election with such a low population?
  11. We are earning new Citizens every day.
    They is Wrem,SG,Volt,ect,correct.
    The "Nation" is 2nd NR.
    The Cities are non-existant.
  12. I thought the NR arguments and fighting were done, the more you know.
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.
  13. How do i report a convo?
  14. He just has to learn his lesson, it won't work anyways.
  15. Take screenshots and send them to a staff member. Also, if you can, invite a staff member to the conversation.
    I would just like to point something out... In a case like this, while the person may not be directly destroying another's base/camp/whatever, any malicious intent is not allowed.
  16. Oh but in this case the player actually did directly destroy blocks on my camp even when asked repeatedly to stop and a moderator had to get involved / is currently involved. IMO this is -not- how someone who wants to lead a large organization of players shows competence and gains trust in other players. I for one will not have anything to do with NR2 or kitten3101 after this incident. It was antagonizing and purposely rude. They've apologized for the incident but I will not forget.
    wisepsn and OrangeDuck607 like this.
  17. Just a note to the 2nd NR. Envie is a Voltian citizen. That camp IS a Voltian camp on a Voltian nature preserve and tampering with it is a crime in Volt. We would much appreciate it if you stayed in your nation. I know that this situation has been dealt with but if it, or anything like it, happens again we will pursue further action.
    Envie42 likes this.
  18. Hacksaw,to be fairly honest,the only Convo's I had with you,were about the NR Government.
  19. Yes,even though I have apologized lots of times,I WILL make a note that the Jungle is a travel route,to the 2nd NR,and I DO NOT like going the Treewind route.
  20. So, I have been following this thread for a while now, and honestly, find it a bit amusing.
    Why is it so difficult? What are your goals Kitten? If you want to build an outpost, or a complete nation, why do you get caught up in these border fights?
    I guess as a leader of a yet to be established government you have your hands full with stuff to do, like writing a constitution, get elections running, get new members...
    Your task would be so much simpler if you could avoid trouble with your neighbors and you could focus much better on what you want to do.
    As far as I understand you want to build in this spot, because your transportation leads there. But it is very easy to extend the rail/path a few hundred blocks and have a decent distance to the other nations. That makes it also much easier for you to gather the needed resources without trespassing or mining in foreign territory. Or is there another reason you want to build at this exact location?
    Remember Kitten, you want to be the representative of a nation, and as such you should avoid any missteps, especially in foreign affairs. It is not very diplomatic or professional to displease your potential neighbors and then apologize afterwards.
    As I see it, you have to work really hard now to overcome all that bad PR in this thread for your nation to flourish.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.