The official 'show your storage thread'!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 11, 2017.

?

Do you have a storage?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2017.
Of course, it's HUGE 15 vote(s) 44.1%
Ehm, it stores items, nothing special. 8 vote(s) 23.5%
Weekend again, Shell? ;) 6 vote(s) 17.6%
I prefer not to tell. 1 vote(s) 2.9%
What came first, the tree or the storage? 2 vote(s) 5.9%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 1 vote(s) 2.9%
Why do you have to make these choices so difficult (<== On popular demand) :D 1 vote(s) 2.9%
  1. I just redid my storage - but I'm really jealous of the glass ceiling in weeh's and how pretty majorp7's is.

Might have to remodel...
    majorp7, ShelLuser, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  2. I feel really fuzzy & good inside to see this thread still active here and now.

My storage hasn't changed.. sorta.. Maybe I added something to store other stuff ;)

But if you'll excuse me, I has posts to like.. holy... storage! :D
    majorp7, 607, HazardousCode and 2 others like this.
  3. Mine's gonna be interesting, considering that I'm gonna build a cobblestone-variant of the Ocean Monument and (more than likely) modify it to incorporate an auto-sorting system.
    607, HazardousCode and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Huh, I wonder what that will look like!
  5. So my storage is currently like *this* for the moment. I'll eventually make a proper storage room and stuff.

Basically each itemframe either represents a general set of other items, or a double chest of it (e.g Dirt probably means I have a double chest of dirt there lol).
    607, majorp7, MoreMoople and 2 others like this.
  6. OH but I'm such a fool! I did do something I'm really proud of!

My SAND storage. Yes, storage for just sand only, I designed it on creative and brought it to emc.

The signs on the second one are basically...fixes I need to make. Also this storage isn't final, I'll probably redo the whole thing because I like to build first, think second. :p
    607, HazardousCode, khixan and 5 others like this.
  7. I assume it means you have double chests of Aikar heads, RainbowChin heads, Krysyy heads and Max heads. :D
    For real though, what do the heads signify?
    And why are so many of the items rotated? :p
    That does look nice! How much of it is filled? :eek:
  8. The heads represent promos hehe. Many of the items are rotated because I sometimes miss the chest opening with right click and instead I accidentally rotate the itemframe :rofl: :lmao:.

Thank you! Currently there's only 3 dcs, as I sold it all hehe. The most I had it filled at one point was 55 dcs, so it is very useful!.
    607 and HazardousCode like this.
  9. Mine would me considered "huge" by most standards... 729 DC of (what would be self-sorting if it was lag friendly) But for now, it's manual sort. So it takes forever haha.

607, __Devil_, farmerguyson and 3 others like this.
  10. This sounds painful. :$ Care to tell the story? Because I feel like there is one in here. :p
  11. I got a mini base on smp9 and and this is my storage room for the base.

12. Looks nice. Is that bell above the beds your alarm clock?
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  13. Well, construction began on the storage back in February (not including the dig time, resource gathering, etc.) so we were still in 1.12.2 at the time, so the plan was to use water-streams to transfer the items around the machine as to not lag the server with (I kid you not) thousands of hoppers. However, no sooner do I finish the storage is 1.15.2 update get released and then I realized that water streams don't work like they used to with the 1.13 water physics change, so water streams would no longer work for the amount of chests I had. So I would have to resort back to hoppers, or a very very slow minecart method. Each of these wouldn't be efficient and slower than just if I did it manually. So sadly this was just a very spaced out glorified mega-storage.
    607 likes this.
  14. Aah yes, that's a pretty painful story indeed. :p Thanks! :) It does make sense, I remember that Etho (from EthosLab on YouTube) had to redo some of his giant storage machine The Nexus when water stream elevators were removed.
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  15. No redstone, no decoration, just compact storage.

16. I like the functional floor design!
    Some parts also seem somewhat decorative, though. :);)
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  17. Got a major idea on how to do the modifications to the cobblestone-based Ocean Monument that I got planned to use as the storage facility, thanks to the likes of YouTube users K1 Inc, Tango Tek & jblader. Gonna have to test it out in single-player first before building it on the server.

So exciting...
    ChespinLover77 and 607 like this.
  18. Got a small-scale version of the storage unit that's gonna be a part of the storage facility to show off.

I may add more storage chests to it, if needed. But I feel that 7 large chests should be enough. This may also get added to my res setup, if I like how the final product looks.
    607, ChespinLover77 and UltiPig like this.
  19. My storage at weeh's outpost:

Kinda small but does the job (all mass produced items and stone have their own areas at the outpost so there's no need for multiple chests for one item)

One such mass storage is for ench books:

Still very much W.I.P (and I am definitely not regretting spending so much time on a storage I'll probably never use lmao). Yes it is dark, yes I am waiting for chains to hang lanterns from the ceiling.

And kelp/bamboo farm with inbuilt storage:

Most of what you can see above ground is covering up a kelp farm and bamboo farm, which is then routed underground into a storage (and some is cooked into cooked kelp). It functions entirely through redstone, you can press a lever at the front and select if you want kelp, bamboo, cooked kelp or you can input your own items and it will smelt it for you. Another overkill design, haven't quite polished off the redstone for it but it's pretty functional

My in town storage:

Slightly less aesthetic... but more practical!
    HazardousCode, weeh and MoreMoople like this.